Caprese Salad with Bocconcini
Caprese Salad is a summertime staple in my house. It's light, refreshing, and takes no time to throw together. I always use tomatoes, basil, and bocconcini for my salad, but you can really use any combination of fresh ingredients that you like.
To make Caprese salad, you will need:
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 package of bocconcini (around 20 pieces)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- slice the cherry tomatoes in half
- Next, add the bocconcini to the salad. If they are too large, you can cut them in half.
- Finally, tear the basil leaves into small pieces and add them to the salad.
- drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!