When you're looking for an easy but impressive dish to make for dinner, look no further than seared skirt steak with mango salsa. This combination of fresh, vibrant flavors is sure to please even the most discerning palate, and it's simple enough that anyone can prepare it. So fire up the grill and get ready to dazzle your friends and family with this delicious meal!
START TO FINISH 25 minutes
1 mango, seeded, peeled, and diced
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. honey
¾ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt-free fiesta lime
seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash
½ tsp. Himalayan salt
12 oz. beef skirt steak, trimmed
1 tsp. olive oil
- Combine the mango, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, white wine vinegar, honey, black pepper and fiesta lime seasoning in a medium bowl; stir well. Set aside at room temperature for flavors to blend (this can be made several hours in advance).
- Combine the Himalayan salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle meat evenly with salt mixture.
- Lightly oil grill rack or grill pan; heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Place meat on rack or pan; cook for 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until meat is slightly pink when cut near the center.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes while you prepare the salsa and grill toast points, if using. Thinly slice meat across the grain into strips on the diagonal. Divide meat among four dinner plates or place on a platter. Pour reserved fruit mixture over meat just before serving [or have it on the side].
- Place meat on top of toast points [if using]; drizzle with olive oil and serve remaining fruit mixture alongside meat. Makes 4 servings.