This Apple and Walnut Stuffed Tenderloin recipe is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy a delicious dinner. The tenderloin is stuffed with apples and walnuts, then baked until it is tender and juicy.
- 3 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- ¼ c. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 T. breadcrumbs
- 2 t. fresh thyme
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin, butterflied
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Soak 6-8 toothpicks in a bowl of water. This is to prevent the toothpicks from burning in the oven.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and add in the onion and apples. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions become slightly soft and translucent, around 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the walnuts, breadcrumbs, and fresh thyme. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lay the pork tenderloin on a flat surface and cover with plastic wrap. Pound the meat with a meat mallet until around ½ inch thick.
- Spread the apple and walnut mixture over the meat and tightly roll the tenderloin like a jellyroll. Secure with toothpicks. Brush the tenderloin with the remaining olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place the same skillet you used to cook the onion and apples on high heat.
- Add the pork tenderloin to the hot skillet and sear until golden on all sides, around 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the tenderloin to the preheated oven and roast until fully cooked through in the middle, 20-30 minutes. The temperature in the thickest part of the meat should read 155°F with an instant-read thermometer (like this one - https://amzn.to/3PMz58J Replace with your own affiliate link).
- Remove from the oven. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes. Remove toothpicks, slice and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes