Fresh Blackberry Iced Tea is the perfect summer drink! This refreshing beverage can be made in minutes using an Instant [email protected], and it's great for quenching thirst on a hot day. The best part about this recipe is that it can be easily customized to taste. If you like your iced tea sweet, simply add more sugar.
A truly unique twist
For a tart flavor, add fresh lemon juice. And for a truly unique twist, try adding fresh blackberries to the mix. Whether you make it from scratch or use a store-bought mix, fresh Blackberry Iced Tea is sure to become a summertime favorite.
Health Benefits of Blackberries
Blackberries are not only delicious, but they also pack a powerful nutritional punch. Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, blackberries have been shown to provide a number of health benefits. One of the best ways to enjoy these benefits is to brew up a fresh cup of blackberry tea. This summer, try our refreshing Blackberry Iced Tea recipe made in the Instant Pot. Not only is it easy to make, but it's also a great way to stay hydrated on hot summer days. Plus, our tea is loaded with health-promoting antioxidants and nutrients. So go ahead and indulge in a delicious cup of blackberry tea guilt-free!
Tip: When brewing tea, add a pinch of baking soda before the water has finished boiling and remove bags from your cup as soon as you release all its pressure.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes active (+ time to come to pressure)Natural Release: 10 minutes
8 cup water
6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
1½ cup fresh blackberries, divided
2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
½ cup honey, preferably local
½ cup water
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Fresh basil sprigs
- To make the tea in the Instant Pot®, add water, teabags, and blackberries. Then stir together until combined before adding your favorite flavorings such as honey or lemon juice! Set for 5 minutes on Manual.
- While the tea is brewing, add the remaining blackberries with basil honey, and water to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until juice begins flowing more steadily from stems of fruit before gently pressing against them while stirring constantly so everything combines well into one pulp without being too dry at any point during the cooking process. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the cooking time has been completed on Instant Pot®, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then do a quick release in order that any remaining air can escape from your appliance before releasing all of its locked-in energy with this final step!
- Now you're ready for some taste testing! Drain the hot tea mixture through a fine mesh strainer into your favorite cup. Then add in reserved liquid from pitcher with blackberry honey simple syrup and fresh lemon juice to make it sweet enough how YOU like it.
- You'll want to serve this immediately over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of basil for garnish. It's absolutely delicious!