Breaded Cod Fish Sticks are a fun, easy, and healthy way to enjoy some seafood. They are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or even as an appetizer at your next gathering. With just a few ingredients, you can have these fish sticks on the table in no time! Plus, they are freezer-friendly so you can always have them on hand when you need them.
- 1 pound codfish, cut into one inch strips
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
TARTAR SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- -½ cup mayonnaise
- -1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- -1 tablespoon pickle relish
- -1 teaspoon lemon juice
- -salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the gluten-free flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Clean the Codfish under cold water
- Season the codfish with salt and pepper, then coat it in gluten-free flour.
- Cut the Codfish into one-inch strips
- Dip the floured fish in the eggs, then coat it in bread crumbs.
- Place the codfish sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Squeeze lemon over the sticks, serve and enjoy.
TARTAR SAUCE DIRECTIONS
Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, and adjust the seasoning to taste. If you find the sauce to be too thick, you can add a little bit of water until it reaches the desired consistency. And that's it! You now have homemade tartar sauce that's perfect for your next fish fry or potato salad. Enjoy