Breaded Cod Fish Sticks are a fun, easy, and healthy way to enjoy some seafood. They are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or even as an appetizer at your next gathering. With just a few ingredients, you can have these fish sticks on the table in no time! Plus, they are freezer-friendly so you can always have them on hand when you need them.
Codfish is versatile
Cod is a versatile, firm-fleshed fish that can be breaded and fried to make delicious cod fish sticks. This easy-cod recipe only takes about 20 minutes to prepare, making it a perfect weeknight meal. Serve with tartar sauce or your favorite dipping sauce for a quick and tasty dinner.
- 1 pound codfish, cut into one inch strips
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the gluten-free flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Clean the Codfish under cold water
- Season the codfish with salt and pepper, then coat it in gluten-free flour.
- Cut the Codfish into one-inch strips
- Dip the floured fish in the eggs, then coat it in bread crumbs.
- Place the codfish sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Squeeze lemon over the sticks, serve and enjoy.
There are many different types of sauces out there, but one of my absolute favorites is tartar sauce. It's the perfect combination of salty, sour, and savory, and it goes great with just about everything. Whether you're eating a crunchy fish fillet or some crispy fries, tartar sauce will take your meal to the next level. In this post, I'm going to teach you how to make your own tartar sauce from scratch. So get ready to indulge in some deliciousness!
Tartar Sauce Ingredients
- -½ cup mayonnaise
- -1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- -1 tablespoon pickle relish
- -1 teaspoon lemon juice
- -salt and pepper, to taste
Tartar Sauce Directions
Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, and adjust the seasoning to taste. If you find the sauce to be too thick, you can add a little bit of water until it reaches the desired consistency. And that's it! You now have homemade tartar sauce that's perfect for your next fish fry or potato salad. EnjoyPrint