Looking for a delicious, low-prep, and easy meal that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser? Look no further than Chipotle Lime Shrimp Kabobs! These kabobs are great for get-togethers, outdoor gatherings, or even just a happy night in. The balance of the smoky chipotle with the tang of the lime creates an indulgent flavor combo that will have your guests asking you for the recipe. All you need is some shrimp, your kabob skewers, a few seasonings and you'll be able to whip up something special in no time!
Easy way to enjoy seafood
Chipotle Lime Shrimp Kabobs are a delicious and easy way to enjoy seafood. The kabobs are made with fresh shrimp that is marinated in a Chipotle lime sauce. The shrimp is then grilled until it is cooked through. The kabobs are served with a side of rice and beans. Chipotle lime shrimp kabobs are a great way to enjoy seafood without having to spend a lot of money. They are also a healthy option, as they are low in fat and calories. Chipotle lime shrimp kabobs are a perfect meal for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party or just want to enjoy a delicious meal, Chipotle lime shrimp kabobs are sure to please.
Prep time: 45 minutes (includes marinating)Cook time:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably local)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Remaining Ingredients:
1-¼ lbs. extra-large peeled deveined shrimp
- 4 skewers*
*Preparation Note: I usually use four metal skewers for this recipe. If you're using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before adding the shrimp, so they don't burn.
- • Mix the ingredients for the marinade together in a small jar with a lid.
- • Pour one-half of the marinade mixture into a large bowl. Keep the other half in the jar for later.
- • Put shrimp in a bowl and coat with the sauce. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes but no more than 30 minutes.
- • Put 5-6 shrimp onto each skewer.
- • Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and then lightly oil the grill grate. Cook the shrimp until they are no longer see-through, which should take 3-4 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook them though, as they cook quickly and will become rubbery if you do.
- • Take the food off the grill and put it on a serving platter. Drizzle it lightly with the reserved marinade. • Serve immediately with fresh parsley sprigs and lime slices.