Coconut Fish Curry is a flavorful and hearty dinner recipe that is perfect for any family gathering or holiday. The curry is made with fresh fish, Coconut milk, and a variety of spices, and it can be served with rice or bread.
This dish is sure to please even the most discerning diners, and it is sure to become a new family favorite. Coconut Fish Curry is an excellent way to show your loved ones how much you care, and it is sure to create lasting memories.
The goodness of Coconut Fish Curry
Coconut Fish Curry is not only healthy but also flavorful and fragrant. When made with fresh ingredients, it is a powerhouse of nutrients that can help boost your immune system, improve your digestion, and even give you a clearer complexion. Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids, which are easily absorbed and used by the body for energy.
Fish is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, both of which are essential for maintaining a healthy weight, building muscle, and keeping your heart and brain functioning properly. In addition, the spices in Coconut Fish Curry have numerous health benefits of their own. For instance, turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to fight inflammation, while cumin can help to improve digestion. As you can see, Coconut Fish Curry is not only delicious but also good for you. So go ahead and enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2 T. coconut oil
3 small yellow onion, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 14-oz. can coconut milk, full fat
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, washed
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
2½ T. curry powder
¼ t. red chili powder
¼ t. ground cinnamon
4 6-oz. cod fillets (or other firm mild white fish)
3 T. fresh lime juice
½ c. cilantro, roughly chopped
2 large limes, quartered, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the minced onion and reduce heat to just below medium. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are a light golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, combine coconut milk and tomatoes in a blender or food processor and pulse until just combined. (Small tomato chunks should still be visible). Set aside.
- Once onions are golden brown, add ginger and garlic to the skillet and stir to combine. Sprinkle curry powder, chili powder, and cinnamon on top. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes, or until very fragrant and a thick paste forms.
- Pour coconut milk and tomato mixture into the skillet. Carefully scrape browned bits off the bottom of the skillet and stir until the sauce is a rich golden color and the aromatic onion paste is thoroughly incorporated into the mixture.
- Bring sauce to a gentle simmer and add the fish fillets. Cover and cook for 5 minutes before carefully turning the fish fillets over. Cover and continue cooking another 3-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with basmati rice and/or roasted root vegetables. Offer additional lime wedges for squeezing, if desired. Enjoy!
Coconut Fish Curry is a delicious dish that can be made with a variety of different fish. However, if you don't have fish available, there are a few substitutes that can be used. Shrimp, scallops, and lobster all make excellent substitutes for fish in Coconut Fish Curry. If you're looking for a vegetarian option, tofu is also a good choice. Simply cut it into cubes and follow the recipe as directed. Whatever substitute you choose, Coconut Fish Curry is sure to be a hit!
Coconut Fish Curry is a dish that originates from the southern part of India. It is a popular dish in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. The dish is made with fish, coconut milk, and spices. There are many variations of Coconut Fish Curry. Some recipes use different types of fish, such as cod or tuna. Other recipes add vegetables, such as potatoes or tomatoes. The spice level can also vary, depending on personal preference. Coconut Fish Curry is typically served with rice and chapati. It can also be served with idli, dosa, or appam. Coconut Fish Curry is a delicious and hearty meal that can be enjoyed by all.
Coconut Fish Curry is a delicious and fragrant dish that is popular in many parts of the world. The key ingredients in this dish are fish, coconut milk, and curry powder. Coconut milk is a rich source of nutrients, including fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Curry powder is a blend of spices that can vary in strength and flavor depending on the type of curry powder used. When made properly, Coconut Fish Curry can be a healthy and flavorful meal. Coconut Fish Curry can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. After four days, the quality of the dish begins to decline. The Coconut Fish Curry will still be safe to eat after four days, but it will not be as fresh or flavorful. For best results, consume Coconut Fish Curry within four days of making it.Print