Cucumber smoked salmon appetizers are a simple but elegant way to start a holiday gathering. This family recipe is perfect for any occasion, from an intimate family dinner to a large party. Cucumbers are sliced thin and then topped with a creamy dill sauce and smoked salmon.
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 t. lemon zest, preferably organic
2 t. fresh lemon juice
2 T. capers, drained
3 T. fresh dill, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 large seedless cucumber
2 oz. smoked salmon
1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest, lemon juice,
capers, and fresh dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to
combine. Set aside.
2. Chop the ends from the cucumber and thinly slice lengthwise with a
mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler.
3. Spread one to two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture along the length of
each cucumber slice, adding an extra bit at the far end to help secure once
4. Top with small pieces of smoked salmon and tightly roll the cucumber into a
rollup. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold each appetizer together.
5. Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices and filling. Serve immediately and
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: N/A