Cucumber smoked salmon appetizers are a simple but elegant way to start a holiday gathering. This family recipe is perfect for any occasion, from an intimate family dinner to a large party. Cucumbers are sliced thin and then topped with a creamy dill sauce and smoked salmon.
The result is a delicious and healthy appetizer
The result is a delicious and healthy appetizer that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. Cucumber smoked salmon appetizers are a perfect way to show your guests that you care about their health and well-being. By serving this healthy and flavorful appetizer, you will be sure to make a lasting impression on your guests.
How good are Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers?
Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers are a healthy and delicious appetizer option. Cucumbers are a good source of vitamins C and K, as well as potassium and magnesium. Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health. Together, these ingredients make for a healthy and delicious appetizer. Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers are a good choice for those who are looking for a healthy and tasty appetizer option.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
- The result is a delicious and healthy appetizer
- How good are Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers?
- Ingredients needed to make Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- Instructions to make Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- Variations when making Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
Ingredients needed to make Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 t. lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. capers, drained
- 3 T. fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 2 oz. smoked salmon
Instructions to make Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest, lemon juice,
capers, and fresh dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to
combine. Set aside.
- Chop the ends from the cucumber and thinly slice lengthwise with a
mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler.
- Spread one to two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture along the length of
each cucumber slice, adding an extra bit at the far end to help secure once
- Top with small pieces of smoked salmon and tightly roll the cucumber into a
rollup. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold each appetizer together.
- Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices and filling. Serve immediately and
Variations when making Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers
Cucumber smoked salmon appetizers are a delicious and elegant way to start a meal. They can be made with either fresh or smoked salmon, and the cucumber provides a refreshing crunch. There are many variations of this simple dish, so it's easy to find one that suits your taste. One popular variation is adding cream cheese to the cucumber slices. This gives the appetizers a richer flavor and creamier texture. Another option is to top the cucumbers with avocado, diced tomatoes, or capers. For an extra bit of flavor, you can also drizzle them with lemon juice or sprinkle them with dill weed. No matter how you make them, cucumber-smoked salmon appetizers are sure to please.
Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. After that, the quality of the appetizers will start to decline. The cucumbers will become limp and the salmon will start to dry out.
Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.