A delicious and easy-to-make dinner recipe, Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes is both healthy and flavorful. This colorful dish combines fragrant tomatoes seasoned with a savory variety of herbs all wrapped in foil, then roasted in the oven.
It's perfect for busy weeknights as it only takes 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook! Enjoy this meal as a powerhouse of flavor packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, B6, C, and K. Your family will thank you for bringing this healthy yet delicious dinner into your home!
This flavorful dish is incredibly easy to make..
Put a delicious and healthy spin on your next dinner with this Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes recipe. This flavorful dish is incredibly easy to make, so you can still have a tasty meal without slaving away in the kitchen all evening. Serve the foil packet over some freshly cooked pasta and garnish it off with some herbs to complete the perfect meal. In minutes, you'll have a hearty and nutritious dinner that everyone will enjoy - without compromising on flavor!
Prep time: 5 minutes (+ 10 minutes for oven-roasted tomatoes)
Cook time: 10 minutes (+ 2 hours for oven-roasted tomatoes)
* Add a couple of minutes to cook time if starting with frozen fillets.
- This flavorful dish is incredibly easy to make..
- Ingredients needed to make Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Oven-Roasted Tomato Directions:
- Instructions for making Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Variations on the Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
- Top tip
- Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
Ingredients needed to make Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 6-oz. white fish fillets
- 4 oven-dried tomato slices (instructions below)
- 4 fresh or preserved lemon slices, cut in half
2 T. fresh thyme
- 4 T. unsalted butter sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Oven-Roasted Tomato Directions:
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat™ and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into 2” thick slices and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the slices and sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste. Top with fresh thyme leaves, if desired, and place in the preheated oven for approximately 2 hours or until the tomatoes are nicely browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and use immediately or store in an airtight container covered with olive oil. Store unused tomatoes in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Instructions for making Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- To prepare indoors, place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F. Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil into sections large enough to fold over fillets, with another couple of inches on each side to seal.
- Place one fillet slightly off-center on each sheet of foil. Top each fillet with an oven-dried tomato slice, two fresh or preserved halved lemon slices, as shown, one-half tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, and one tablespoon unsalted butter. If desired, lightly season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- To seal the packet, fold the aluminum foil in half over the fillets. Fold the 3 open sides, one at a time, over several times to seal the packet completely. The goal is to seal the packet tight enough to hold in the steam, but still allow enough room for the air to expand.
- Place the foil packets in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or place them on a hot grill over medium, direct heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven (or grill) and cool slightly before carefully opening the foil packets. (Use caution, escaping steam will be very hot). Discard the lemon slices and serve immediately with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Variations on the Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
The Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes recipe is a versatile and tasty staple that can be modified and varied to satisfy anyone's taste buds. You can adjust the ingredients you use, from different types of fish to variations on the tomato seasoning blend, by experimenting with different herbs, spices, and seasonings available in your pantry. Additionally, you can also try varying the cooking times or temperatures to bring out certain flavors and textures in each ingredient. With just a few simple variations, you'll be able to quickly whip up an entire week's worth of delicious dinners using this recipe!
Storing the Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes in the fridge is an easy way to make a homemade meal that is ready to go. This delicious recipe can be stored for up to three days, making it a perfect option for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to prepare dinner. With oven-roasted tomatoes and spices added to flaky white fish, this storage-friendly dish is sure to become a family favorite. Simply keep it in the refrigerator until it's ready and enjoy!
Making the Foil Packet - White Fish with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes in the fridge is a great way to have a delicious dinner without spending hours in the kitchen. To get top results, it's important to follow some top tips when preparing and cooking this recipe. First, make sure to choose white fish fillets that are of even thickness so that they can cook evenly. It's best to use fresh tomatoes for roasting, but you can also opt for canned tomatoes if you're feeling pressed for time. Before sealing the packet, top the tomato mixture with garlic, and seasonings and drizzle with olive oil for extra flavor. Finally, cook your foil pack in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until the fish is cooked through and the tomatoes are roasted. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can use fresh or preserved lemons to make this recipe. Preserved lemons are recommended because they add a lot more flavor. You can either buy a container of preserved lemons or make your own. A word of caution, however, if you use preserved lemons, don’t add additional salt to the fillets without tasting them.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: