This recipe for a hearty beef taco salad is an easy way to feed your family a nutritious and delicious meal. The salad is packed with flavor, thanks to the lean ground beef, fresh vegetables, and zesty dressing. And it's easy to make, too - simply cook the beef, chop the vegetables, and mix everything together.
Best of all, this recipe can be easily tailored to your family's preferences. So whether you like your salad with more or less dressing, more or less beef, or more or less cheese, this recipe can be easily adjusted to suit your taste. So why not give it a try tonight? Your family is sure to love it.
Hearty beef taco salad is a favorite among many
Hearty-beef taco salad is a favorite among many because it is packed with flavor and nutrients. The beef is a good source of protein and the salad provides plenty of vitamins and minerals. The combination of the two makes for a delicious and healthy meal. The salad is also easy to prepare and can be made in advance. This makes it a great option for busy weeknights or days when you don't have time to cook a full meal. Overall, hearty beef taco salad is a favorite because it is tasty, nutritious, and easy to make. Thanks for asking!
This was inspired by my other recipe on this site, and pairs well with this amazing sidedish recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. chili powder
- 1½ t. chipotle powder, divided
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 large gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small red onion, diced small
- 1 c. frozen sweet corn, warmed
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- ¾ c. Mexican blend cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ground beef and
season with ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, one teaspoon
of chipotle powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to
taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned, approximately 8-10
minutes. Break up the beef with a spatula into small chunks while it cooks.
- While the beef is browning, arrange the tortilla strips on the prepared baking
sheet and brush lightly with one tablespoon of olive oil. Place in the oven until
slightly crispy, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the black beans into the skillet with the beef until thoroughly coated with
the seasonings. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from the skillet
and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and corn in a large salad
bowl. Sprinkle with remaining olive oil, chipotle powder, and fresh lime juice.
Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the salad to a decorative serving platter and top with the
seasoned beef and black beans, Mexican cheese, and crispy tortilla strips if
When it comes to making a hearty beef taco salad, there are many variations that you can use in order to make it your own. For example, you can change up the type of meat that you use. If you prefer chicken or pork, those can easily be substituted in. You can also alter the vegetables to include your favorites or what you have on hand. Some good options include diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, and even corn. As for the dressing, you can use a variety of different flavors to suit your taste. A few popular choices are ranch, Caesar, and vinaigrette.
By including a variety of different ingredients, you can create a delicious and unique salad that everyone will love.
When it comes to making a hearty beef taco salad, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, choose lean ground beef that has a high-fat content. This will ensure that the beef stays moist and juicy while cooking. Second, be sure to brown the beef thoroughly before adding any other ingredients. This will help to seal in the flavor and prevent the beef from drying out. Finally, add plenty of fresh vegetables to the salad for a nutritional boost. The combination of fresh ingredients and flavorful beef will make for a taco salad that is sure to please any appetite.