This Lemon Parsley Chicken & Risotto recipe is an easy one-pot chicken dinner that the whole family will love! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this chicken dish is full of flavor and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Only dirties up one pot!
And best of all, it only dirties up one pot! Simply sauté the chicken in a bit of olive oil until browned, then add in some garlic, chicken broth, and white wine. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes, then add some lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and you're done! Serve over some cooked rice or pasta, and enjoy.
Flavors are simply delicious
Lemon Parsley Chicken & Risotto is a delicious, one-pot recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. The chicken is cooked in white wine and lemon sauce and then served with parsley and Parmesan cheese topping. The combination of flavors is simply delicious, and the dish is sure to become a new family favorite. In addition, Lemon Parsley Chicken & Risotto is incredibly easy to make. The recipe calls for just a few simple ingredients and can be on the table in less than an hour. So if you're looking for a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make recipe, Lemon Parsley Chicken & Risotto is a perfect choice.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Sauté time: 10 minutes
Active cook time: 6 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 0 minutes
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
1 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ medium red onion, chopped
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup Arborio rice
¼ cup dry white wine
1¾ cup chicken broth
1½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
To serve: Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Select the “Sauté’ function and adjust the setting to high. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the unit. Once hot, add the chicken and generously season with salt and black pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and add the remaining olive oil and two tablespoons of butter to the unit. Add the chopped onion and sprinkle with the garlic powder and dried thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and begins to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice and “toast” for 1-2 minutes by stirring continually in the hot butter and oil. Add the white wine and deglaze the container by gently scraping with a spatula to remove any browned bits from the bottom.
- When the liquid is reduced by one-half, turn the unit off by pressing the “Cancel” button. Return the chicken and any juices from the plate to the container and pour the chicken broth on top.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Set the pressure release valve to “Sealing” and then select the “Manual” button on the high setting. Set the cooking time to 6 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, do an immediate quick release of the pressure. Once the pin drops and there is no more steam coming out, carefully remove the lid. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit for 4-5 minutes to allow any excess liquid to be absorbed. Remove the lid and give the risotto a quick stir before transferring it to individual serving bowls. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side. Enjoy!