Mediterranean Mezze Platters are a great way to serve a variety of small dishes in one go. This platter typically includes a mix of meats, vegetables, cheeses, and dips, making it perfect for sharing. If you're looking to put together your own Mediterranean Mezze Platter, here is a helpful guide.
Breads or crackers for dipping
First, choose a selection of meats and vegetables. Common choices include grilled chicken, lamb, beef, or seafood; roasted or grilled vegetables; and fresh salads. Then, add some cheeses and dips to the mix. Mediterranean staples such as hummus, tzatziki, and baba ganoush are always popular choices. Finally, round out the platter with some breads or crackers for dipping.
A variety of flavors in one meal
Mediterranean Mezze Platters are a great way to enjoy a variety of flavors in one meal. By following this simple guide, you can easily put together your own platter at home.
Note: Rather than a true “recipe,” the following serves as a guideline for constructing a mouth-watering Mediterranean mezze platter featuring many traditional ingredients. It is by no means all-encompassing, so feel free to swap out these recommendations with whatever you have on hand that fits the theme.
- Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Dip
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- 4 oz. sliced Feta cheese topped with extra virgin olive oil and chopped parsley
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 lbs. red seedless grapes
- 1 small bunch of radishes
- 1 medium pomegranate
- 4 oz. almonds
- 4 oz. pistachios
- ½ c. marinated olives (green and Kalamata shown)
- Leaf lettuce (to make hummus and vegetable wraps)
- Optional: Warm pita bread. May substitute gluten-free bread or crackers, if desired.
- Select a convenient location to arrange your Mezza platter. This can be directly on the counter, and/or use an attractive and functional collection of cutting boards and/or serving platters as part of the composition.
- Transfer the roasted red pepper & Feta dip, hummus, sun-dried tomato tapenade, sliced Feta cheese, and marinated olives into individual serving bowls. Arrange these bowls in the area you’ve selected for the Mezza platter.
- Fill in around the serving bowls with the fruit, vegetables, and nuts to create an attractive display. Add the warm pita or other soft bread, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Mezze Platters are a great way to feed a group of people. They are typically made up of a variety of small dishes, such as hummus, olives, bread, and vegetables. Mezze platters can be served as appetizers or main courses. If you have leftovers, you may be wondering how long you can store them in the fridge.
Mediterranean Mezze Platters will usually last for 3-4 days in the fridge. However, it is important to note that some of the individual components, such as the hummus or bread, may start to go bad after a day or two. To prolong the shelf life of your Mezze Platter, it is best to eat the leftovers within a day or two.
Mediterranean food is some of the most delicious in the world. Mezze platters are a great way to enjoy a variety of Mediterranean flavours in one meal. Here are some top tips for making a Mediterranean Mezze Platter:
- Start with a good base. A Mediterranean Mezze Platter should, of course, include Mediterranean staples such as olives, hummus, and pita bread.
- Add some variety. To make your Mezze Platter more interesting, add a range of different colours, textures, and flavours. Include both hot and cold dishes, and both sweet and savoury items.
- Get creative with your presentation. A Mediterranean Mezze Platter is all about the visual appeal as well as the taste. Arrange your dishes beautifully on a large plate or platter, and garnish with fresh herbs or edible flowers.
- Serve with a smile! Mediterranean hospitality is all about sharing good food and good company. So, make sure you're ready to provide both when you serve up your Mediterranean Mezze Platter!