Orange Cranberry Scones are the perfect holiday dessert! They are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. These scones are packed with flavor and are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
The best part about this recipe is that it can be easily adapted to fit your needs. Whether you want a smaller batch for an intimate gathering or a larger batch for a party, this recipe can be tailored to fit your needs. Orange Cranberry Scones are the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care this holiday season.
The goodness of Orange Cranberry Scones
Orange Cranberry Scones are a festive and decadent holiday dessert. The scones are moist and fluffy, with a hint of citrus from the orange zest. The tart cranberries balance out the sweetness of the scones, and the orange glaze adds a lovely finishing touch. This recipe is perfect for holiday gatherings and is sure to be a hit with family and friends. Orange Cranberry Scones are the perfect mix of sweet and tart and will leave you feeling satisfied and festive. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try this holiday season!
- 2 c. all purpose flour + ¼ c. for work surface
- 3 t. baking powder
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ c. cold unsalted butter
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ¼ t. orange extract
- 1 t. orange zest, preferably organic
- 1 c. craisins ( dried cranberries )
- ⅔ c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 T. fresh orange juice
- Line a large, rimmed baking parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Mix two cups of flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a fork until butter is in pea-sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine the heavy cream, sour cream, egg, vanilla extract, orange extract, and orange zest. Whisk to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Add in the craisins and stir until just mixed.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of flour onto a clean work surface. Transfer scone batters onto a floured surface and lightly knead them into a ball. Press the dough down into a ½” high rectangle (approximately 6” x 10”). Cut in half lengthwise, and then each half into 3 rectangles. Then, cut each rectangle diagonally to create triangle-shaped pieces.
- Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1-2” between them. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, then add the baking sheet to the oven when ready. Bake the scones for 18-22 minutes, or until they are nicely golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the scones are cooling, prepare the orange glaze by stirring the powdered sugar and orange juice together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Serve the scones warm drizzled with some of the orange glaze on top. Enjoy!
If you love Orange Cranberry Scones but don't have all the ingredients on hand, never fear! There are plenty of substitutes you can use to make a delicious batch of scones. For instance, if you don't have craisins, you can use fresh cranberries or even chopped-up apricots. And if you don't have oranges, you can use lemon juice or even canned pineapple juice. So don't be afraid to experiment - with a little creativity, you can make Orange Cranberry Scones that are just as delicious as the original recipe.
Orange Cranberry scones are delicious and perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch. But how long can you store them in the fridge? Orange Cranberry scones are best eaten within 2-3 days of baking, but they will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
When stored properly, Orange Cranberry scones will stay fresh and delicious. So, whether you're looking to enjoy them right away or save them for later, Orange Cranberry scones are a great choice.