One of my favorite easy, healthy weeknight dinners is this Orange-Glazed Salmon with Asparagus recipe. It’s packed with flavor, but comes together in less than 30 minutes – perfect for those busy nights! The salmon is first coated in a simple orange glaze made with fresh oranges, and garlic.
Then, it’s baked until flaky and tender. While the salmon is baking, quickly steam some asparagus to round out the meal. I like to serve this Orange-Glazed Salmon with Asparagus recipe over a bed of brown rice or quinoa, but it would also be delicious with roasted potatoes or a simple green salad.
Healthy weeknight dinner
If you’re looking for an easy, healthy weeknight dinner that’s packed with flavor, look no further than this Orange-Glazed Salmon with Asparagus recipe! Made with fresh oranges, and garlic, this salmon dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. While the salmon is baking, quickly steam some asparagus to round out the meal. Serve over a bed of brown rice or quinoa for a complete meal that your whole family will love!
Protein and omega-3 fatty acids,
This recipe is packed with nutrients that are good for you. Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for your heart and brain health. Asparagus is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as fiber. And oranges are a great source of vitamin C. Orange-Glazed Salmon with Asparagus is also easy to make. The recipe only takes 20-30 minutes from start to finish, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal. Plus, it's sure to please even the pickiest eaters. So why not give Orange-Glazed Salmon with Asparagus a try tonight? You'll be glad you did!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
4 6-oz. each salmon filets, preferably wild-caught Alaskan
3 tablespoon fresh orange juice
2 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1½ lb. asparagus, tough end removed
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon filets skin side down in the center of the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and brush over the salmon.
- Add the asparagus to the bowl with the orange juice mixture and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Arrange asparagus around the salmon filets in a single layer and place the sheet pan in preheated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or just until the salmon is flaky and the asparagus develops a bit of color, being careful to not overcook the salmon.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.