This dish is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. First, toast the coconut flakes in a dry pan over medium heat. Then, add the pineapple, lime juice, and honey to the pan and cook until the pineapple is soft and the flavors have melded together. Serve with pretzels or crackers for a delicious and healthy snack.
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ cup shredded or flaked coconut, toasted
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger,
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice,
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- First, start by toasting your coconut flakes. You can do this in a dry skillet over medium heat, or in the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Once the coconut flakes are nice and browned, remove them from the heat and let them cool.
- Next, add the toasted coconut flakes to a food processor or blender, along with the ginger, ground allspice, honey, cream cheese, and lime zest. Blend until smooth.
-Enjoy your delicious and healthful toasted coconut dip as is, or use it as a topping for pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or fruit. Yum
- Serve the dip with your favorite fruits or veggies, or enjoy it as is! It's also great on crackers or bread. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.