This dish is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. First, toast the coconut flakes in a dry pan over medium heat. Then, add the pineapple, lime juice, and honey to the pan and cook until the pineapple is soft and the flavors have melded together. Serve with pretzels or crackers for a delicious and healthy snack.
A great source of Vitamin C
Pineapples are a great source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants, making them a perfect fruit Pineapple is a sweet and tangy fruit that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. One of the best ways to enjoy pineapple is in a Toasted Coconut Dip.
A Popular Topping
Pineapple has been linked to many health benefits, including improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and better immunity. Toasted Coconut flakes is a popular topping for many foods ranging from ice cream Toasted Coconut flakes salad. It is also used as a filling for cakes and pastries.
Healthier than store-bought
Making your own toasted coconut dip is super easy and much healthier than store-bought versions. Simply combine some shredded coconut with a little bit of ginger, allspice, and honey, then bake in a preheated oven until golden brown. Once out of the oven, let the coconut cool slightly before stirring in some cream cheese and honey (or maple syrup) to taste. That's it! Enjoy your delicious and healthful toasted coconut dip as is, or use it as a topping for pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or fruit. Yum!
To make Toasted Coconut Dip with Pineapple, you will need:
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ cup shredded or flaked coconut, toasted
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger,
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice,
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- First, start by toasting your coconut flakes. You can do this in a dry skillet over medium heat, or in the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Once the coconut flakes are nice and browned, remove them from the heat and let them cool.
- Next, add the toasted coconut flakes to a food processor or blender, along with the ginger, ground allspice, honey, cream cheese, and lime zest. Blend until smooth.
-Enjoy your delicious and healthful toasted coconut dip as is, or use it as a topping for pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or fruit. Yum
- Serve the dip with your favorite fruits or veggies, or enjoy it as is! It's also great on crackers or bread. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Health Benefits of eating Pineapples
Pineapples are not only delicious, but they also offer some impressive health benefits. For one, pineapples are a good source of fiber, which can help to promote digestive health. They are also a good source of vitamins C and B6, both of which are essential for a healthy immune system. Additionally, pineapples contain bromelain, an enzyme that has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes pineapples a great food to eat if you are suffering from conditions like arthritis or gout. So next time you're looking for a healthy snack, reach for a pineapple!