Roasted zucchini is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this summer squash. Roasting helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the zucchini, and it also helps to create a crispy exterior. This Roasted Zucchini Dip recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor.
A great appetizer for parties
The dip can be served with crackers or vegetables, and it makes a great appetizer for parties or potlucks. Roasted zucchini is also a healthy addition to any meal. It is low in calories and fat, and it is a good source of fiber and vitamins. Roasting zucchini is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this healthy vegetable.
A healthy alternative to traditional sour cream dip
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of zucchini, and it is a simple way to add flavor and nutrition to any meal. Roasted zucchini is a great addition to salads, pasta dishes, or as a healthy snack dip. Roasted zucchini dip is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional sour cream or mayonnaise-based dips.
A great way to add extra vegetables
Roasted zucchini is also a great way to add extra vegetables to your diet. When roasted, zucchini maintains its nutritional value and provides essential vitamins and minerals that are important for good health. Roasted zucchini is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy this versatile vegetable.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (plus 90 minutes of chilling time)
To Serve: Assorted fresh vegetables and crackers, as desired
- 2-3 medium zucchini, washed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh parsley, basil or a combination of the two
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Slice zucchini and onion into ⅛” slices. In a large bowl, gently toss zucchini and onion with olive oil. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and place in the oven to roast until tender and lightly golden, 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini mixture to a blender or a food processor. Add Greek yogurt, cream cheese, fresh herbs, and lemon juice. Process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt, pepper, and/or lemon juice, as needed.
- For best flavor, place in refrigerator to chill and allow the flavors to marinate for at least 90 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!