Spinach & Broccoli Lasagna is a dish that is packed with nutrients and flavor. Spinach is a leafy green vegetable that is rich in vitamins A, C, and K. It also contains iron and calcium. Broccoli is another nutrient-dense vegetable that is high in vitamins C and K.
Contains fiber and folic acid
It also contains fiber and folic acid. Together, these two vegetables make a lasagna that is not only healthy but also delicious. The lasagna can be made with either white or whole wheat noodles. It can be served with a side of salad or garlic bread. Spinach & Broccoli Lasagna is a dish that the whole family will enjoy.
Low in calories and fat
Both vegetables are also low in calories and fat. This makes them a great choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. In addition, Spinach and broccoli lasagna are a good source of protein. This makes them a perfect option for vegetarians or people who are trying to reduce their meat intake. So if you're looking for a nutritious and delicious meal, Spinach and broccoli lasagna is a great choice.
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoon Flour
- 3 Cup Milk ( alternative - unsweetened coconut milk)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly grated preferred
- 20 oz. Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 oz. Broccoli, cut into pieces, and florets
- 12 Oven-Ready Lasagna Noodles, such as Barilla
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- reheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and whisk it into the butter until it is smooth. Continue stirring and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the roux turns a light golden color.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and slowly add milk while whisking it until it thickens and combines. Then, gently simmer over medium-low heat for 10-20 minutes until the raw flour taste has disappeared and you have a smooth sauce at the desired thickness.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put (slightly salted) water in a pot on the stove to boil. When it boils, add broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender-crisp. Do not overcook. Drain broccoli in a colander and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the broccoli into chunks. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a light layer of bechamel sauce on the bottom of a 9x13” casserole dish.
- Next, add a layer of the spinach-broccoli mixture. Then, add three lasagna noodles.
- Top the noodles with a layer of bechamel sauce, spinach-broccoli mixture, ricotta, and mozzarella. Add 3 more noodles and repeat the layers. Finish with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with a fresh green salad and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!