A delicious and healthy alternative to sugary drinks, this homemade strawberry lemonade is perfect for a hot summer day. Made with fresh fruits and herbs, it is also much easier on your waistline than its store-bought counterpart.
Portions of ingredients and directions to make one quart of healthy Strawberry Lemonade:
- - two cups of strawberries,
- - four lemons, and
- one quart of cold sparkling water
- Sweeting with sugar is optional to taste.
- - Remove the stems from the strawberries
- - slice the lemons
- - Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth
- - Pour the mixture into a large pitcher, and
- - add the one quart of cold sparkling water
- - Mix well and serve over ice
For an extra refreshing twist, garnish with thinly sliced strawberries and lemon wedges.