A delicious and healthy alternative to sugary drinks, this homemade strawberry lemonade is perfect for a hot summer day. Made with fresh fruits and herbs, it is also much easier on your waistline than its store-bought counterpart.
Perfect for Summer
Strawberry Lemonade is a refreshing and healthy drink that is perfect for summer. It is made with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and sparkling water. This delicious drink is high in vitamins and antioxidants, and it is a great way to stay hydrated. Strawberry Lemonade is also low in calories and sugar, making it a healthy choice for those watching their weight. If you are looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy summer, Strawberry Lemonade is a perfect choice.
Portions of ingredients and directions to make one quart of healthy Strawberry Lemonade:
- - two cups of strawberries,
- - four lemons, and
- one quart of cold sparkling water
- Sweeting with sugar is optional to taste.
- - Remove the stems from the strawberries
- - slice the lemons
- - Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth
- - Pour the mixture into a large pitcher, and
- - add the one quart of cold sparkling water
- - Mix well and serve over ice
For an extra refreshing twist, garnish with thinly sliced strawberries and lemon wedges.
Yes, you blend the whole lemons, skin and all. It does get bitter quickly, so drink it the same day you make it.
Lemon peel and lemon juice contain antioxidants that slow down the process of atherogenesis, the buildup of plaque on artery walls.