Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash is a delicious, healthy breakfast that is perfect for those mornings when you want something hearty and filling. This dish is made with roasted sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and onions, and is topped with a fried egg.
The Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash is a great way to start your day, and it is also a great option for brunch. It is a simple dish to make, and it is a great way to use up leftover veggies. Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash is a delicious, healthy breakfast that will keep you full until lunchtime.
Most popular health foods around
There's something about sweet potatoes that just scream "healthy." Maybe it's their vibrant color or their status as a superfood. Whatever the reason, sweet potatoes are one of the most popular health foods around. And for good reason! Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals, making them a great choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
A flavorful and filling dish
One of my favorite ways to enjoy sweet potatoes is in a sweet potato breakfast hash. This dish is made by sauteeing sweet potatoes, onions, and Brussels sprouts in a bit of olive oil. The result is a flavorful and filling dish that's perfect for starting your day. Plus, it's easy to make and can be easily customized to your liking. So if you're looking for a healthy and delicious way to start your day, try sweet potato breakfast hash!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22-28 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 lb. small purple potatoes, cut in half
8 oz. Brussels sprouts, cut in half1 large red onion, roughly chopped
3-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced1 t. onion powder
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® mat. If using the former option then make sure you lightly spray it before placing both types of surface together so that there is no stickiness when transferring from one material into another later. Set aside
- Place the sweet potatoes, purple regulars, and Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Add red onion pieces along with garlic cloves for added flavor before tossing them all together so everything gets evenly coated from top to bottom! Once thoroughly mixed thoroughly season this vegetable salad with olive oil and at least one generous pinch of salt & pepper - to taste
- Roast the sweet potato mixture on a single layer of prepared sheet pans in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, stirring vegetables every other minute. Continue cooking until tender another 8 to 10 more minutes (or until the desired doneness), taking care not to overcook!
- Remove your sheet pan and position it in front of you. Make sure that there are six evenly spaced openings among all of these veggies! Carefully pour an egg into each opening with plenty salt & pepper if desired before returning the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks reach your desired level of doneness. Remove the sheet pan from the oven then garnish with crushed kale chips or dried herbs if you want them! Serve immediately while hot alongside some delicious roasted vegetables to make this meal complete.