Perfect appetizers for your next get-together or party are 7-Layer Dip Cups! Made by layering a variety of ingredients, such as refried beans, Mexican-style cheeses, black olives, and avocado, these individual cups deliver maximum flavor with minimal effort.
Not to mention the time it saves for hosts and guests by not having to make one large dish! Topped off with a dollop of cool sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro leaves, it's no wonder these appetizers have become so popular. Make sure you have enough on hand - they won't last long!
The Goodness of the 7-Layer Dip Cups
7-Layer Dip Cups are the ultimate party snack. Not only do they provide the kind of deliciousness that everyone can enjoy, but the portioned cups also make them the perfect grab-and-go choice. From the creamy guacamole to the rich refried beans and the salty cheese layer, each bite is bursting with the goodness of all the ingredients. Whether you're looking for a sweet or savory treat, the layers of flavor make them an undeniable crowd-pleaser. With their vibrant colors and scrumptious tastes, 7-Layer Dip Cups bring a level of fun to snack time that will be sure to put a smile on your face.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Yields 12 appetizer cups
Ingredients needed to make The 7-Layer Dip Cups
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Remaining Ingredients: 1½ c. sour cream
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ c. refried beans
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 c. 4-cheese Mexican blend, finely shredded
- 1 15-oz. can of black olives, drained and chopped small
- 3 large green onions, green parts only, sliced thin
To serve: Gluten-free tortilla chips
Instructions for making The 7-Layer Dip Cups
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon into a large bowl. Add garlic and lime juice, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash with a fork until thoroughly blended and smooth. Cover tightly and set aside
- Add the sour cream, chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder to a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble, add approximately two tablespoons of refried beans to the bottom of each cup with a small spoon, followed by a layer of guacamole and the seasoned sour cream (two tablespoons each), in each cup.
- Finish each cup with a layer of chopped tomatoes (roughly 3-4 per cup), followed by one tablespoon of finely shredded Mexican cheese blend, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
- Garnish each cup with a gluten-free blue tortilla chip, if desired, and serve immediately with additional tortilla chips on the side. Enjoy!
7 Layer Dip Cups are a delicious way to bring people together, and variations can certainly make them even more special. From using different types of beans, spicing up the layer of sour cream or guacamole, to switching out lettuce for slaw and adding crunch with jalapeños – you name it and it can be included! With all the variations available, the possibilities are endless when it comes to making your own 7 Layer Dip Cups. Whether you're planning a party or just having some friends over for snacks, whip up these delicious cups of goodness and watch as they quickly become a crowd pleaser.
7 Layer Dip Cups can be an excellent snack for any occasion, from a tailgating party to a more formal gathering. For storage purposes, the 7-Layer Dip Cups should ideally be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator. They do not need to be transferred to individual storage containers as the tub is sufficiently secure. This storage method will help the dish retain its freshness for up to 5 days, allowing you to enjoy 7 Layer Dip Cups for up to one week of snacking pleasure!
When it comes to making top-notch 7-Layer Dip Cups, there are certain tips that can help you succeed. The first tip to keep in mind is to choose the right base layer, as this will determine the rest of the flavors in each dip cup. Choosing a cream cheese or sour cream layer is a great option, as they can easily combine with a variety of other ingredients. Also, be sure not to overload on toppings; while adding too many ingredients will certainly make them look nice, it can also mask the flavor of some of the more subtle ingredients. Lastly, don’t forget the garnish! Toasted tortilla chips provide an attractive finishing touch and really bring out all of the flavors in each cup. Armed with these top tips for making 7 Layer Dip Cups, any would-be chef can take their creations to a new level!