Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream is a dessert that's both delicious and easy to make. The recipe is simple, and the outcome is always tasty. Plus, it's a dessert that's sure to please any crowd. Whether you're serving it at a party or just making it for yourself, this dessert is a winner.
Whether you're serving it at a party or just making it for yourself, this dessert is a winner.
Just how good is Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream?
This dessert is delicious and so easy to make! The recipe only requires a few ingredients, and the cake comes out moist and fluffy every time. The maple whipped cream is the perfect topping - it's not too sweet and has a rich, decadent flavor. I definitely recommend this recipe if you're looking for a tasty, easy dessert!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
- Just how good is Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream?
- Ingredients needed to make Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
- Instructions for making Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
- Top tip
- Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
Ingredients needed to make Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
1-2 T. real maple syrup
1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 angel food cake, homemade or purchased, sliced as described above
5 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- ½ pint fresh blueberries washed
Instructions for making Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1-pint heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture. Drizzle maple syrup and vanilla extract into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place your oven’s top rack on the second highest setting and turn the broiler on “High.” Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the angel food cake slices on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the melted butter. Turn over each piece and repeat on the other side.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler until the angel food cake turns golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Tip: You may need to rotate the baking sheet to get uniform results. Keep a very close eye on the cake during this time because it can burn very quickly.
Once toasted, remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn over each slice. Place back under the broiler and toast the remaining side until golden brown. approximately 2-3 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool slightly before arranging the toasted slices on individual serving plates. Top with some maple whipped cream and fresh berries and serve immediately. Enjoy!
There are many variations you can use when making Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream. You can use different flavors of cake, frosting, and toppings. You can also change the size and shape of the cake. The most important thing is to make sure the cake is delicious and the whipped cream is fluffy.
Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream is a delicious and easy dessert recipe that definitely deserves to be added to your collection of tasty treats. This storage-friendly cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days! In order to keep it in optimal condition, make sure you wrap it tightly in cling film or place it into an airtight container. The best part? You can make it ahead of time and enjoy it later without any hassle. What a great way to always have an easily accessible, yet storage-friendly dessert on hand.
Firstly, ensure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together; this way they can blend more easily.
Secondly, when baking the cake make sure to leave space between the top of your pan and the top edge of your batter; this will help it rise evenly.
Lastly, top off with some maple syrup-infused whipped cream, and enjoy!
With these top tips and a little bit of effort, you’ll be able to whip up an amazing Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream that everyone will love.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: