Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce wraps are the perfect answer to a busy weeknight dinner! This easy and delicious meal comes together in just 30 minutes, making it a healthy alternative to fast food.
With ingredients like lean steak, bell peppers, onion, and provolone cheese, you'll feel full but not be weighed down. Whip up a batch for lunch or dinner, and you'll be enjoying these cheesy delights in no time!
Cheesesteak lettuce wraps, hard to believe they only take minutes to prepare, not hours
Cheesesteak lettuce wraps make a great dinner when you don't have much time and are looking for something quick and easy! They're so delicious that it's hard to believe they only take minutes to prepare, not hours. Cheesesteak lettuce wraps are a great option for anyone looking for a tasty, low-carb alternative to traditional sandwiches; they contain all the flavor of a classic cheesesteak without any added carbs. Not to mention that their presentation is so gorgeous that everyone oohs and ahhs the minute it hits the table. Give Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps a try - you won't be disappointed!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lbs. Ribeye steak, sliced very thin
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 4-5 slices mild Provolone cheese
- I large head of Bibb lettuce, separated, rinsed, and patted dry
Instructions for making Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
- Add butter and one tablespoon of olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion starts to soften, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the sliced peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, until the peppers are crisp-tender and nicely charred, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the onions and peppers to a plate. Set aside.
- Add sliced steak to the skillet and adjust the heat back to medium. Season with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring frequently, just until the meat is browned on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Return the onions and peppers to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and top the mixture with the Provolone cheese slices. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- To serve, remove the cover and divide the cheesesteak mixture among the lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Creating variations to the classic, yet healthy 30-minute Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps can be a great way to add some fun to your meal. It’s up to you how creative you choose to get! When it comes to variations, a great place to start is with different types of mushrooms – add portobello or shiitake for added depth and texture. You could even make variations depending on which vegetables or proteins you use in the wraps themselves — swap out green peppers and add in jalapeños for an extra kick of spice. Additionally, if beef isn’t your thing, variations like turkey sausage or Philly cheese chicken are sure ways to keep things interesting. To top it off, pick your favorite condiments as another way of adding some variety and creating something that perfectly reflects your own tastes!
Eating healthy doesn't have to mean spending all day in the kitchen. Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps are not only a great way to enjoy a delicious meal in under 30 minutes, but they can also be easily stored in the fridge! If you make a big batch of these tasty wraps ahead of time, they will stay good for up to 4 days as long as they are stored in an airtight container. So go ahead and make extra - it's always nice to have some quick and healthy snacks ready whenever you need them!
Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy 30-minute recipe for a quick weeknight - but there are top tips to be aware of to make sure you get that desirable crunch and flavor.
Firstly, always choose top-quality steak from a reputable source.
Secondly, since lettuce wraps are calorie-friendly, don’t be afraid to pile on the toppings like tomato or pickles for added texture and taste.
Lastly, to avoid soggy lettuce, make sure not to overstuff your wraps and give them a few minutes to sit before eating - that way, you can enjoy one of the tastiest and healthiest 30-minute dinners ever!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: