This soup is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Just add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker and let it cook low and slow all day long. When you are ready to sit down to eat, enjoy a steamy bowl of goodness. Top it off with fresh parsley or basil. Craving something a little heartier? Serve with some crusty bread on the side. Whatever way you choose to enjoy it, this soup is sure to hit the spot!
A bowl of comforting slow cooker chickpea soup & chicken. Filled with Mediterranean flavors, this soup is perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 ½ cups dried chickpeas, soaked overnight.
- 4 cups water
- 1-1 onion, chopped ( use Valerian if you prefer sweet )
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ¼ cup halved pitted oil-cured olives
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Drain the chickpeas and place them in a large slow cooker. Add the water, onion, tomatoes with their juice, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Nestle the chicken thighs into the soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Or cook it on high for 4 to 5 hours. Let it cook until the chicken soup is cooked throughly.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard. Stir in the artichoke hearts, olives, and salt. Cover and cook on. Cook it on high again, for an additional 10 minutes, until everything is heated through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with fresh parsley or cilantro before serving. Enjoy!
Making chicken and chickpea soup is a great way to use up leftover chicken. This meal is a healthy and hearty dish that can be made in your slow cooker.
What is a slow cooker and what can you cook in it
Slow cookers are a great way to make a meal without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They are perfect for those who work full-time jobs and don't have time to come home and cook a meal. Slow cookers can be used to cook a variety of foods, including meat vegetables, and grains. They work by slowly heating the food over a period of time, which allows the flavors to blend together and creates a tender and juicy dish. But what if you need something more than just a slow cooker? What about three separate functions: cooking at low heat, high pressure and speed with minimal oil needed for sautéing or frying foods. There are slow cookers designed specifically to meet all these needs!
Important when using Slow Cookers
When using a slow cooker, it is important to note that the food will not be cooked evenly if it is overcrowded. Be sure to only fill the slow cooker up two-thirds of the way so that the food can cook evenly. Also, make sure to brown the meat before adding it to the slow cooker. This will add flavor and help to prevent the food from becoming dry.
There are a number of different slow cooker recipes that you can try, including chili, pulled pork, and chicken curry. Be sure to experiment with different recipes and find one that best suits your needs.
Advantages of cooking with Slow Cookers
The Slow cooker is a great way to cook food with minimal effort, especially if you're short on time! You can whip up some tasty dishes in an easy-to use appliance that will let your household be more organized than ever before. Plus there are many types of recipes out their for all different tastes so whether it's something light or hearty this slow cooking method has got everyone covered
A lot less dirty pots and pans? Check – No need turn on ovens when we have these bad boys around; saving energy while still getting perfectly cooked meals every single