There's nothing like a bowl of warm soup on a chilly fall day. This gluten-free minestrone soup is the perfect fall comfort food. It's packed with healthy vegetables and white beans, and it's flavored with just the right amount of herbs.
The best part is that it's easy to make and can be easily customized to your liking. So whether you're looking for a hearty soup to warm you up on a cold day or a light soup to enjoy as a starter, this gluten-free minestrone soup is sure to hit the spot.
Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with White Beans, a Healthy and Delicious Soup
Looking for a healthy and delicious soup to warm you up on a cold winter day? Look no further than Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with White Beans. This healthy soup is packed with nutrients and flavor, and it's sure to become a new family favorite. The white beans provide protein and fiber, while the veggies add essential vitamins and minerals. And best of all, this soup is gluten-free, so it's perfect for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. So whether you're looking for a healthy meal or simply a delicious soup, Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with White Beans is sure to hit the spot.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with White Beans
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 c. chicken broth, preferably organic*
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 14-oz. can of crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 14-oz. cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ c. white quinoa, rinsed and drained**
- 2 large bay leaves
- 3” chunk Parmesan cheese rind
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 3 c. baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 oz. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- *For a thinner soup, add additional chicken broth
- ** Potential for gluten cross-contamination exists with quinoa. If this is a concern,
- either eliminate it completely or replace it with buckwheat or gluten-free pasta.
Instructions for making Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with White Beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion,
carrots, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and
stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies become soft and
aromatic, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, white beans, quinoa,
bay leaves, and Parmesan rind. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and additional
salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to
medium-low. Cover and gently simmer until the quinoa is cooked through,
approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and parsley. Simmer just until the spinach wilts,
approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaves
and remaining cheese rind. Serve immediately sprinkled with freshly grated
Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Gluten-free minestrone soup with white beans is a delicious and hearty dish that can be easily tailored to your taste. For a richer soup, you can add additional vegetables such as carrots, celery, or corn. If you prefer a more traditional flavor, you can substitute the white beans for chickpeas or lentils. You can also add a protein boost by adding cooked chicken, shrimp, or crumbled tofu. Best of all, this soup can be made in advance and frozen for a quick and easy meal on a busy night.
So whether you're looking for a simple weeknight supper or a flavorful addition to your next party spread, gluten-free minestrone soup with white beans is sure to please.
Gluten-Free Minestrone soup can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. This delicious and hearty soup is packed with white beans, vegetables, and pasta. It's the perfect meal for a cold winter day. To keep it fresh, be sure to store it in an airtight container. When you're ready to eat it, simply reheat it on the stove or in the microwave. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with White Beans is a delicious and hearty soup that is perfect for a winter meal. This soup is packed with nutrients and fiber, and it is also gluten-free. Here are some top tips for making this soup:
-Start by sautéing some onions and garlic in olive oil. This will add flavor and depth to the soup.
-Add the white beans, vegetable broth, and water to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
-After 30 minutes, add the kale, zucchini, and carrots. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
-Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!