Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad is a great dish to bring to potlucks and get-togethers. It is also a great way to meal prep for the week ahead. This dish is full of healthy ingredients, such as farro, tomatoes, and herbs.
The farro provides a hearty base, while the tomatoes and herbs add freshness and zing. Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad is perfect for both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious salad recipe, look no further than Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad!
A great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious salad
Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad is a great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious salad. The farro provides a nutty flavor and the tomatoes add a delicious sweetness. This salad is also packed with nutrients and fiber. The added herbs give the salad a light and refreshing taste. Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad is a great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious salad.
The Farro provides a nutty flavor
The farro grain is a great source of fiber and protein, and the tomatoes add a lovely sweetness to the dish. The salad is also loaded with healthy vitamins and minerals, making it a great option for a healthy meal. The best part about Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad is that it is very easy to make. all you need is a few simple ingredients and you can have a delicious and healthy salad in no time.
To make Homemade Healthy Farro Tomato Salad, you will need:
- -1 ½ cup cooked farro
- -½ lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- -¼ cup chopped fresh Basil
- -1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- -¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- -1 bunches of arugula (¾ pound), stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- -¼ cup fresh herbs. Like oregano, parsley etc.
- -salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup pine nuts ( optional )
- - cooking the farro according to package instructions.
Note: You can cut down on the cooking time by soaking your farro prior. If you've let it sit overnight, expect a meal that's ready in 20 minutes or less! Unsoaked grains may require about 30-40 more minute of cooktime but will still be worth eating when they're finally done
- - Once the farro is cooked,
- - add it to a large bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, chopped basil, olive oil, pine nuts, red wine vinegar, arugula, chosen herb, salt, and pepper.
- - Toss everything together until evenly mixed.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.