Lemon Strawberry Shortcake is a refreshing and delicious treat that is perfect for summer. The tartness of the lemon pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the strawberries, and the light and fluffy cake is a perfect base for this flavor combination.
The perfect dessert
This dish is also incredibly easy to make and can be assembled in just a few minutes. Simply bake a shortcake or pound cake, top with fresh strawberries and lemon juice, and serve. Lemon Strawberry Shortcake is the perfect dessert for any summer occasion and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
What is so great about
Lemon Strawberry Shortcake is a great dessert because it is made with fresh and delicious ingredients. The lemon and strawberry flavors combine perfectly, and the shortcake itself is light and fluffy.
Can I make a strawberry shortcake with frozen strawberries?
Lemon Strawberry Shortcake is one of my favorite desserts. I love the combining of the tart lemon with the sweetness of the strawberries. The shortcake itself is also delicious, a fluffy cake that soaks up the juice from the berries.
I typically make this dish with fresh strawberries, but I have wondered if frozen strawberries would work just as well. After doing some research, I found that frozen strawberries can actually be used to make a Lemon Strawberry Shortcake. The key is to thaw the berries before adding them to the cake. This will help to prevent the cake from becoming soggy. So, if you're looking for a way to use up those frozen strawberries, Lemon Strawberry Shortcake is a great option.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- - 2 cups of all-purpose flour ( gluten-free )
- - 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- - 1 tablespoon baking powder
- - ¼ teaspoon salt
- - 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- - 1-½ cup heavy whipping cream
- - 6 cup strawberries, sliced
- - 1 lemon, juiced
- - 2 tablespoon sugar
whipped cream, for filling the shortcakes
store-bought or homemade
- - Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- - You will need a large, rimmed baking sheet for this recipe. Be sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper so that your food does not stick to the pan.
- - In a large bowl, mix together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- - Put in the whipping cream and stir it until a thick dough forms.
- - Use a large spoon or cookie scoop to put the dough on the baking sheet. You should get 8 medium-sized shortcakes.
- - Bake the shortcakes for 15-17 minutes or until they are a golden brown color.
- - While the shortcakes are baking, mix together the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Let the strawberries macerate.
- - Once the shortcakes are baked, let them cool completely before slicing them.
- - When you are ready to serve, cut each shortcake in half. Fill them it with whipped cream and the macerated strawberries.