Do you love soup, but sometimes feel like it's too complicated to make? Are you intimidated by all the ingredients in a traditional minestrone soup recipe? Well, have no fear! In this blog post, I'm going to show you how to make a delicious and easy minestrone soup from scratch. You only need a few basic ingredients, and it takes less than an hour to cook. So get ready to enjoy one of my favorite winter dishes!
Minestrone Soup, an all time favorite soup
One of my all-time favorite soup recipes is Minestrone soup. It's an Italian classic made with a mix of vegetables, beans, and pasta. It's always a hit with family and friends, and it's the perfect comfort food on a cold day. But if you want to make your Minestrone soup the right way, you need to follow these tips.
Gather your ingredients
The first step is to gather your ingredients. You'll need vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, onion, celery, carrots, green beans, garbanzo beans, elbow macaroni, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- 1-quart vegetable broth,
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes,
- ½ cup chopped onion,
- ½ cup chopped celery,
- ½ cup chopped carrot,
- ½ cup chopped green beans,
- ½ cup garbanzo beans,
- ¾ cup uncooked elbow macaroni,
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley,
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil,
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
In a large soup pot over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer. Add the diced tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, green beans, garbanzo beans, elbow macaroni, parsley, basil, salt, and black pepper.
Stir well and cook for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Serve hot with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
What are some variations to Minestrone soup?
You can add different vegetables or beans to your soup depending on what you have on hand. Some other variations include:
- adding spinach or kale for extra greens
- using different types of pasta, such as shells or ditalini
- using chicken or vegetable broth instead of water
- adding chopped ham or bacon for extra flavor and protein
The possibilities are endless, so feel free to get creative with your soup recipes!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Minestrone soup. It's one of my favorites and it's always a hit with family and friends. Thanks for reading!
Health benefits of eating Minestrone Soup
- The health benefits of eating minestrone soup include reducing the risk of heart disease, improving digestion, and boosting your immune system.
- Minestrone soup is a healthy and nutritious meal that is low in calories and high in fiber.
- It is easy to make your own minestrone soup at home with fresh vegetables and herbs from your garden or local farmers market.
- You can also find pre-made minestrone soup in the grocery store or online, and it is a quick and convenient meal to have on hand for busy weeknights.
- Enjoy a bowl of delicious minestrone soup for lunch or dinner today!
Wanna try it