One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is the perfect recipe for an easy dinner that the whole family will love. This hearty sauce is packed with flavor, and the best part is that it all comes together in just one pot.
A truly satisfying meal.
Ground beef, Italian sausage, and a variety of vegetables are simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce, making it a truly satisfying meal. Serve this One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce over your favorite pasta for a delicious and simple dinner that everyone will enjoy.
The flavor is complex and deeply satisfying.
One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is one of the most special and delicious dishes that you can make at home. It is simple to prepare, but the flavor is complex and deeply satisfying. The sauce is made with a combination of ground beef, pork, and mushroom, as well as onions, garlic, tomatoes, red wine, and a variety of herbs and spices.
A healthy and hearty meal
The result is a hearty and flavorful sauce that is perfect for serving over pasta or polenta. One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is also a great way to stretch a pound of lean ground beef into a healthy and hearty meal. So, if you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-prepare One-Pot meal, look no further than One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (+ 3-4 hours to simmer)
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 c. white mushrooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 large stalks of celery, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 c. dry red wine, divided
- 1¼ lb. ground beef, 85% to 96% lean
- 1 lb. bulk sweet pork sausage
- 1 lb. bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 28-oz. cans of tomato puree
- 1 28-oz. can of petite-cut tomatoes, undrained
- 2 6-oz. cans of tomato paste
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 2 t. dried thyme
- 2 t. dried rosemary,
- 2 T. white sugar
- 3-4” Parmesan cheese rind
- 2 whole bay leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large (6 quart or larger) Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until the onion softens and the mushrooms start to release liquids, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, and one-half cup wine and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add crumbled beef and sausage to the Dutch oven and cook until no longer pink inside, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from the pot.
- Return to burner and add tomato puree, petite-cut tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining red wine to the Dutch oven, along with oregano, thyme, rosemary, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the bay leaves and Parmesan rind. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. If sauce is too thick, add a little water to achieve the desired consistency. If it is too thin, continue cooking until it reaches the thickness you prefer.
- Remove from heat and discard the bay leaves and Parmesan rind. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with your favorite cooked pasta and some cheesy garlic bread. Refrigerate or freeze unused portions for later use. Enjoy!
One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is a hearty and flavorful dish that's perfect for a winter meal. The sauce is made with ground beef, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a variety of spices. While the ingredients list may seem long, the dish is actually quite simple to make. One of the key ingredients in the sauce is ground beef. If you don't have ground beef on hand, you can substitute ground chicken or turkey.
Another key ingredient is diced tomatoes. If you can't find diced tomatoes, you can use canned whole tomatoes and chop them yourself. Finally, the tomato sauce is what gives the sauce its thick and rich texture. If you don't have tomato sauce on hand, you can substitute tomato paste or crushed tomatoes. With these simple substitutes, you can easily make One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce even if you don't have all of the ingredients on hand.
One of the great things about this dish is that it can be easily customized to suit your taste. If you like your sauce with a little bit of heat, you can add some crushed red pepper flakes. For a more robust flavor, you can add some extra garlic or use high-quality olive oil. And if you want to get creative, you can add some other ingredients to the sauce, such as sun-dried tomatoes, or even some chopped spinach leaves. So whatever your preference, there's sure to be a variation of One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce that you'll love.
One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. It's quick and easy to make, and it's packed with flavor. Plus, it makes enough for leftovers, which is always a bonus. But how long can you store Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce in the fridge? The answer is up to three to four days. After that, the sauce will start to lose its flavor and texture. So if you're looking for a meal that will last all week, One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is the way to go.
One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. It's hearty, filling, and packed with flavor. Plus, it's easy to make and only dirty one pot. What's not to love? If you're looking to make the perfect One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce, here are the Top 5 tips you need to know:
- Start with a base of good-quality olive oil. This will give your sauce a rich flavor and prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- Add in your aromatics ( garlic, onions, carrots, celery) and cook until softened. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Next, it's time to add the meat. Brown it in the pot until it's cooked through. This step is important because it adds flavor and texture to the sauce.
- Once the meat is cooked, add in your canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir everything together and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, season your sauce with salt, pepper, and dried herbs like oregano or basil. Taste it and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Follow these tips and you'll be on your way to making the perfect One-Pot Chunky Italian Meat Sauce!