Is there anything better than a plate of pasta smothered in pesto?
for a light and healthy recipe, try this pesto pasta with grilled chicken. It's easy to make and full of flavor, making it the perfect weeknight meal. Plus, it's a great way to use up any leftover grilled chicken you have on hand. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Simple to make and it's packed with flavor
This pesto pasta with grilled chicken is perfect! It's simple to make and it's packed with flavor. Plus, it's a great way to use up any leftover grilled chicken you might have. So give this recipe a try tonight! You won't be disappointed.
- • 1 (16 ounces) package Tortellini pasta.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces.
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- extra chopped basil.
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips.
- ½ cup pesto sauce
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sauté garlic until soft (about 1–2 minutes). Add chicken and cook for 4–5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Stir in pasta, red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto sauce and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat well.
3. Serve immediately with additional basil if desired!
Makes 6 servings
Calories per serving: 497 Fat per serving:
25g Saturated fat per serving:
5g Carbs per serving:
49g Protein per serving:
20g Fiber per serving:
5g Sugar per serving:
4g Sodium per serving:
290mg Cholesterol per serving: 34mg
• This recipe can be kept in the fridge for up to 3–4 days. • To make it a little more decadent, add some sautéed chicken strips or shrimp!
The pesto pasta with grilled chicken is super easy and quick to put together. The fresh basil brightens up this dish while pairing perfectly with fresh grilled chicken. If you're looking for a simple meal that's full of flavor, give this one a try!
Health Benefits of Olive Oil
Many people know that olive oil is healthy cooking oil, but did you know that it has some amazing health benefits? Olive oil is loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols, which can help protect your body from disease. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body. And best of all, it's a heart-healthy fat that can lower your risk of heart disease. So next time you're cooking dinner, reach for the olive oil instead of butter or vegetable oil!
Health Benefits of Chicken
When it comes to eating healthy, chicken is often considered one of the best options. That's because chicken is low in fat and calories, but high in protein. Plus, it's a good source of several key vitamins and minerals. In fact, eating chicken can provide a number of health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. So if you're looking for a way to improve your health, adding chicken to your diet is a great place to start.