What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet, or so the saying goes. The same could be said for Cuban picadillo. Picadillo is one of Cuba's most popular dishes, and the filling can be made with ground beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, fish, or lobster. So what's in a name? Just about anything you want! This dish is hearty, flavorful, and perfect for chilly winter days.
Popular in Cuba
Cuban picadillo is a delicious dish that is popular in Cuba. It is made with ground beef, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and a variety of spices. This dish can be served over rice or potatoes, and it is sure to please your taste buds!
Picadillo is a hearty dish
Picadillo is a famous Cuban dish that is typically made with ground beef, onions, peppers, garlic, and tomato sauce. It is often served over rice, and can also be used as a filling for tacos or empanadas. Picadillo is a hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal. The combination of beef and veggies makes it a filling and satisfying option, while the tomato sauce gives it a touch of sweetness. picadillo is a popular dish in Cuban households and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. So if you're looking for a delicious and comforting meal, picadillo is a perfect choice.
Enjoyed by people all over the world.
Picadillo is a dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world. It is typically made with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, and garlic, and can be served with rice or on its own. Picadillo is an incredibly versatile dish, and there are endless ways to customize it to suit your taste.
A touch of sweetness,
For example, you can add olives, raisins, or green peppers for a touch of sweetness, or you can spice it up with cumin or chili powder. picadillo is also a great way to use up leftover vegetables. So next time you're looking for an easy and delicious meal, give picadillo a try!
- 1 pound of extra lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of chopped kalamata olives
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can Hunt tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
OPTIONAL: 1 cup of raisins
- In a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion, cilantro, garlic, and green pepper to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add the can of tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, vinegar, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir to combine. ( add a little bit of water),
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or with a side of salad. Enjoy!