This dinner recipe is perfect for when you want to impress your family or friends. The roasted broccoli and raisin salad with a yogurt dressing is both healthy and delicious. The key to making this dish is to roast the broccoli in a hot oven until it is slightly charred. This will give the salad a smoky flavor that is irresistible.
The raisins add a touch of sweetness, to Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad with a Yogurt Dressing
The raisins add a touch of sweetness, while the yogurt dressing provides a creamy contrast. This dish is also perfect for the holidays because it can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature. So, if you are looking for a dinner recipe that will impress your loved ones, look no further than this roasted broccoli and raisin salad.
What is so good about Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad ?
Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad with a Yogurt Dressing is a salad that is not only good for you, but also tastes great. The roasted broccoli gives the salad a slight crunch, while the raisins add sweetness and the yogurt dressing ties it all together. This salad is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables, and the yogurt dressing provides a healthy alternative to mayonnaise or other high-fat dressings. Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad with a Yogurt Dressing is a salad that is good for you and tastes great. What more could you ask for?
6 c. fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
1 T. sugar-free mayonnaise
1 T. apple cider vinegar
½ t. dried dill
4 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
¼ c. yellow raisins
¼ c. sunflower seeds, toasted
¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped + extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine the broccoli florets with the olive oil in a large bowl, and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently toss to combine and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast until the broccoli is tender and slightly charred around the edges, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the Greek yogurt, sugar-free mayo, apple cider vinegar, and dried dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Remove broccoli from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss the roasted broccoli, crumbled bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds, and fresh parsley in a large salad bowl and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the yogurt dressing to serve. Enjoy!
Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad with a Yogurt Dressing is a salad that can easily be made at home with a few simple ingredients. The key to this salad is to Roast the broccoli florets till they are crispy. This salad can be served as is or you could use variations like adding feta cheese, toasted pine nuts, grilled chicken or salmon. I like to useGreek yogurt in the dressing as it gives a nice tang to the dressing, but you could use any type of yogurt that you like.
This salad is best served immediately after it is made, but will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad with a Yogurt Dressing can last in the fridge for 2-3 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible. The broccoli and raisins will start to go bad after a few days, so if you want it to last longer, add them in on the day you plan on eating it. The yogurt dressing will also start to separate, so give it a good stir before serving.Although Roasted Broccoli and Raisin Salad with a Yogurt Dressing is best eaten fresh, it can still be enjoyed up 3 -4 days after it's been made. After that, the salad will start to lose its flavor and nutrients. So, if you want to enjoy the salad at its peak.Print