Roasted golden beets and purple potatoes are the perfect side dish for a fall dinner. The beets are roasted along with the purple potatoes with a touch of olive oil and maple syrup, The two come together to create a slight sweetness and earthy flavor that pairs well with roasted chicken or grilled steak. Plus, the colorful presentation is sure to impress your guests. So if you're looking for a new recipe to try this fall, give Roasted Golden Beets and Purple Potatoes a try. You won't be disappointed.
Delicious and easy-to-make
Roasted Golden Beets and Purple Potatoes is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made with fresh beets that are roasted to perfection, and then served with purple potatoes that have been slow cooked in the oven. The combination of these two ingredients makes for a mouthwatering and healthy meal that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Sure to be a hit
Roasting the beets brings out their natural sweetness, while the purple potatoes provide a hearty and filling side dish. This dish can be served as a main course or as a side and is sure to be a hit with family and friends alike. Roasted Golden Beets and Purple Potatoes is a recipe that you will want to make again and again.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 3 purple potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” slices
- 2 large golden beets, peeled and cut into ½” slices
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. citrus (or kosher) salt
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed and stems discarded (optional)
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced potatoes and beets with olive oil. Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking sheet and spread them into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Sprinkle with citrus (or kosher) salt and thyme leaves and place the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the vegetables. Return to oven and roast another 10-15 minutes or until beets and potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before handling. Remove browned potato skins to reveal the gorgeous color underneath. Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces, if desired. Serve immediately as a vibrant side dish or add to a mixed green salad for a bold splash of color. Enjoy!
Hint: When making this recipe, it is important to use fresh beets and potatoes that are of similar size. This will help them cook evenly. Also, make sure to coat the vegetables in olive oil before roasting them to help them become crisp and golden brown. Roasting the beets and potatoes at a high temperature will also give them a nice flavor.
Roasted golden beets and purple potatoes are a delicious and healthy side dish. However, if you're in a pinch and don't have these ingredients on hand, there are several substitutions you can use. For the beets, you can roast regular red beets or even sweet potatoes. If you're making roasted purple potatoes, you can substitute any other type of potato - Yukon golds, russet potatoes, or even sweet potatoes. Roasted vegetables are a great way to add flavor and nutrition to your meal, so experiment with different combinations of vegetables to find what you like best. Roasting is a simple and healthy way to cook vegetables, so don't be afraid to try something new.
Roasted golden beets and purple potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. For best results, place them in an airtight container or bag. When reheating, be sure to add a little bit of water to prevent them from drying out.
Roasted golden beets and purple potatoes are versatile side dish that can be served with grilled chicken, fish, or steak. They can also be added to salads or used as a topping for pizzas or pasta dishes. Roasted golden beets and purple potatoes are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your favorite vegetables all year long.