Anyone who has ever had to cook for a family knows that coming up with healthy, quick, and affordable meals can be a challenge. One way to make dinner time a little easier is to have a few go-to recipes that are both delicious and nutritious.
Savory butternut squash noodles are a great option for a healthy dinner
Savory butternut squash noodles are a great option for a healthy dinner that the whole family will love. This dish is packed with vitamins and minerals, and it only takes minutes to prepare. Plus, it’s an affordable way to get your family to eat more vegetables.
To make savory butternut squash noodles, simply spiralize a butternut squash and sauté the noodles in olive oil until they’re tender. Then, add your favorite toppings and enjoy. Savory butternut squash noodles are the perfect way to get your family to eat more veggies without even realizing it. So go ahead and give them a try tonight.
Note: You can now find pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles” in most larger grocery stores and they are absolutely perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly. you can always make your own butternut squash “noodles” in just a few minutes. Either way, you’re going to love this fast and delicious dish!
Ingredients needed to make Savory butternut squash noodles
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles”
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Instructions to make Savory butternut squash noodles
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove them from the pan and set aside. Keep warm.
Add butter to pan and heat until melted. Stir in chopped sage and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Return butternut squash noodles to the pan and toss to coat in sage butter mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.
Variations to use for Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles”
Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” is a dish that can be made with many different variations. The basic ingredients are butternut squash, salt, and pepper. However, there are many other ingredients that can be added to create a unique dish. For example, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil can be used to create a richer flavor. For a lighter dish, lemon juice, herbs, and nuts can be used. The possibilities are endless! So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or a fancier dish to impress your guests, Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” is a perfect option.
An assortment of skillets for all your cooking needs .. HERE
If you will be spiralizing your squash, you can find HERE is an assortment of spiralizers.
Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Simply place them in an airtight container and consume them within four days for the best taste and quality. After four days, the Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” may begin to lose their flavor and become mushy.
Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” are a delicious, healthy alternative to pasta. Here are some top tips for making them:
- Start by peeling and de-seeding your butternut squash. This can be a bit of a fiddly process, but it's worth taking the time to do it properly.
- Once you have your peeled and de-seeded squash, use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to create long, thin noodles.
- Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” can be eaten raw, but they are best cooked briefly in boiling water or pan-fried in a little oil.
- To season your noodles, simply toss them with your favorite herbs and spices. Garlic, ginger, and chili are all great options.
- Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” make a great base for a variety of dishes. Try them with a simple tomato sauce, or throw in some chicken or shrimp for a more hearty meal.