Rich and creamy, with a slight sweetness from the shrimp, it's the perfect meal on a chilly day. This recipe is easy to make and can be tailored to your taste - add more or less spice, or even some lobster for an extra-luxurious dish.
Packed with flavor, it will leave you satisfied and content. Best of all, it’s simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients.
The best shrimp bisque starts with the freshest shrimp. Peel and devein the shrimp, then chop into small pieces. Sauté the shrimp in a little bit of oil until it’s pink and just done. Add garlic and onion to the pan, and cook for a minute more. Then pour in some chicken broth and simmer for about 15 minutes. Purée the soup until it’s smooth,
- shrimp bisque ingredients:
- -1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- -¼ cup butter
- -1 onion, diced
- -2 cloves garlic, minced
- -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- -2 cups chicken broth
- -1 cup milk
- -¼ teaspoon salt
- -¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- -¼ teaspoon black pepper
- -1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- -½ cup heavy cream
shrimp bisque instructions:
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk, whisking continually until smooth. Add salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and shrimp. Bring to a simmer and cook until shrimp are cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and heavy cream. Serve hot with crusty bread. Enjoy