Slow cooker chicken & vegetable stew is the perfect meal for a busy family. It's an easy dinner recipe that can be made in advance and left to cook while you're at work or running errands. The best part is that it's a healthy and hearty meal that everyone will love.
The chicken and vegetables are cooked slowly in a flavorful broth, and the result is a delicious and nutritious stew that is sure to please everyone at the table. So if you're looking for an easy and delicious dinner recipe, be sure to give Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew a try. Your family will thank you for it!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is healthy and quick to make
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is a quick and easy dinner that the whole family can enjoy. It's also healthy, with plenty of lean protein and vegetables. The slow cooker ensures that the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables retain their nutrients. This stew is a great way to get a healthy meal on the table with minimal effort. And, because it's made in a slow cooker, it's practically effortless! So if you're looking for a healthy and delicious dinner option, Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is a great choice.
Prep time: 15 minutes (+ 8 minutes to brown chicken)
Cook time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
Ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1½ lbs. tri-color potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 4 c. chicken stock, preferably organic
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season
with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken
is browned on all sides, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and add the chopped celery, onion,
carrots, and potatoes. Top with bay leaves, dried herbs, and chicken stock.
Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir to
combine. Remove and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as
desired, and serve immediately topped with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is a hearty and healthy meal that is perfect for a winter night. There are a few different ways you can make it, depending on your preferences.
One option is to add different vegetables, such as carrots, celery, or potatoes.
Another variation is to change up the herbs you use. Rosemary and thyme pair well with chicken, but you could also use oregano or basil.
Lastly, you can experiment with the type of chicken you use. White meat will be more tender, while dark meat will be more flavorful.
No matter how you make it, Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is a delicious and healthy meal that can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to four days. Slow cooking the chicken and vegetables help to retain their natural flavors and nutrients. When stored properly in the fridge, Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew will remain fresh and safe to eat for up to four days. Enjoy this healthy and flavorful dish as part of a nutritious and balanced diet.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew is a hearty and healthy dish that is perfect for a winter night. The key to making a great stew is to choose the right ingredients and to cook it slowly so that the flavors have time to meld together. Here are some tips to help you make the best Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew:
- Use chicken thighs or drumsticks for the meat. They will be more flavorful and will stand up better to long cooking times than breast meat.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces so that they will cook evenly.
- Add the vegetables to the slow cooker in order of how long they will take to cook. For example, add carrots first, then potatoes, then celery.
- Don't overdo it on the herbs and spices. A little goes a long way, and you can always add more at the end if you need to.
- Let the stew cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Resist the urge to open the lid and check on it; every time you do, heat escapes and prolongs the cooking time. following these tips, you'll be sure to end up with a delicious Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew that your family will love.