Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is an amazingly easy and delicious dinner recipe to make on any day of the week. This tasty main dish is made with just a few basic ingredients that are combined together, set in the slow cooker, and left to simmer all day long until it's tender and full of flavor.
The end result is juicy, succulent beef that can be served over rice or noodles and topped with a variety of toppings like salsa, sour cream, avocado, or cilantro—making it a flavorful and filling meal that the whole family will enjoy! Just add a few side dishes or a yummy easy dessert recipe for the perfect night.
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is delicious and oh-so-tasty!
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is delicious and oh-so-tasty! This easy recipe uses only a few ingredients, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal. The slow cooker does all the hard work as it cooks the beef to perfection, making it incredibly tender and juicy. All you have to do is shred and serve with delicious toppings like cheese, salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Everyone in your family will love this delicious meals, so give Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef a try tonight!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2½ lbs. beef chuck roast
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1½ t. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. chipotle powder
- 1 t. dried Mexican oregano
- 1 10-oz. can of tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 c. beef stock
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- To serve:
- ⅓ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large limes, cut into 8 wedges each
Instructions for making Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Spray the bottom and sides of 6-quart slow-cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and place in a slow cooker crock. Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done cooking, remove the lid and shred the beef with two forks while still inside the slow cooker. Allow shredded beef to marinate in warm cooking juices for 5 minutes to absorb more flavor.
- Transfer shredded beef from the slow cooker to a serving platter with tongs, allowing excess liquid to drain. Top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with fresh lime wedges and additional cooking juices on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
When it comes to making Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef, you can get creative with the variations! If you’d like to add some extra flavor, try adding different types of chilies or chili powder. You could also up the spice by sprinkling extra cumin and oregano. For a tasty twist, try adding diced jalapenos or using smoked paprika instead of regular paprika. And don't forget about delicious toppings: think chopped cilantro, diced avocado, and fresh lime wedges. Not only is this a great versatile dish to make, but it's also an easy option for weeknight dinners and even dessert recipes—the possibilities are endless!
Cooking Mexican Shredded Beef in a slow cooker is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to enjoy a tasty meal. But have you ever wondered how long you can safely store leftovers in the fridge? With proper storage, Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef will remain fresh in an airtight container for up to four days. So if you're looking for an easy meal, making extra and storing it for later should be no problem. Not to mention that whatever's left over makes for an easy dessert recipe too!
Making Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is a great way to make sure you have an easy, delicious dinner to come home to. If you're looking to whip up this tasty meal in the slow cooker, here are the top tips to get you started. First, seasoning your meat well with salt, pepper and Mexican-style spices like chili powder will ensure that it turns out extra flavorful and tangy. Next, adjust your cooking time to the kind of beef cut you're using – for example, chuck roast may need about 8 to 10 hours to cook, while round roasts can be ready in slightly less time. Finally, when it's all done cooking and has cooled to room temperature, shred the beef before transferring to an airtight container and storing in the fridge until ready to heat and serve. Try these tips with this easy recipe to have a delicious dinner on the table!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: