Enjoy something spicy and delicious tonight with this amazing spicy chicken & black bean soup recipe! This flavorful soup is the perfect blend of spicy and savory, making it one of the most comforting dishes that you can make.
It is simple to prepare and doesn't require a lot of fuss - making it exactly what we all need after a long day. Spice up your night with this spicy chicken & black bean soup recipe and take comfort knowing that this will be a meal well enjoyed.
Our spicy chicken & black bean soup recipe is sure to be a hit with any crowd.
Who doesn't love a spicy and delicious soup? Our spicy chicken & black bean soup recipe is sure to be a hit with any crowd. This soup couldn't be easier to make and you could customize it to your tastes as well! The combination of spicy, tender chicken, hearty black beans, and tasty spices all come together in this flavorful concoction that is sure to get your taste buds reeling. Your kitchen will smell scrumptious while the soup simmers, so what are you waiting for? Try out this spicy chicken & black bean soup recipe today!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
1 large avocado, diced
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1 large lime, cut into wedges
Ingredients needed to make Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- Seasoning Mix Ingredients:
- ¼ c. chili powder
- 2 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. ground coriander
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 2 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. fine sea salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 14-oz. can dice fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies, with liquid
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 3½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. sweet corn kernels
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
Instructions for making Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- To prepare the Seasoning Mix, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine. Transfer to an airtight storage container and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion, and red bell pepper to a large, high-sided skillet set over medium heat. Sprinkle two tablespoons of the Seasoning Mix on top and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender and start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, bay leaves, and chicken broth and stir to combine. Nestle the chicken breasts into the skillet so they are completely submerged in the liquid.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a rapid boil, then immediately reduce heat to just below medium. Cover skillet loosely with a lid and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with two forks.
- Stir in corn and fresh lime juice and simmer until heated through approximately 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges for squeezing. Enjoy!
If you love a good spicy kick and are looking for variations on your favorite soup recipe, then consider making Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup. This tasty and versatile dish is incredibly easy to make and there are limitless variations you can use. You could add paprika, cumin, chili powder or any combination of these spices to give the soup more of a kick if you like. For even more deliciousness, try using a variety of different types of peppers like jalapenos, chipotle, ancho or habanero to name a few just to get started. The variations are nearly endless but whatever variations you choose, one thing’s for sure: you won’t regret making this very spicy yet oh-so-delicious soup!
Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup is sure to inspire envy in your roommates! This storage-friendly, delicious recipe can be kept in the fridge for up to four days. It may not last that long though - the combination of spicy notes and comforting flavors often leads to inhaling the entire batch in one sitting - trust us, it happens! Prepare yourself for a fragrant kitchen, full bellies and smiles from the whole family.
If you're looking for a warm and delicious recipe to make for dinner, look no further than Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup. To ensure the best possible results in creating this soup, here are the top tips you should know before attempting this recipe. First, make sure to use plenty of spice! Adding chili powder and hot sauce gives the soup an extra kick of flavor that will make it truly shine. Next, be generous when adding black beans; their creamy texture makes all the difference in creating a hearty and flavorful soup. Lastly, top off your bowl of soup with garnishes for a splash of color and flavor. Add diced avocado, sour cream or fresh cilantro to take this dish from good to great! With these top tips in mind, you'll have no problem making an amazing Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup.