Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is a deliciously creative appetizer, perfect for any occasion. It brings together sweet and savory, the sweet of strawberries with the salty shrimp in a light and refreshing marinade that tantalizes your taste buds.
Enjoy this appetizer alone or paired with a glass of chilled white wine for a truly special dining experience. Every bite of this Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is sure to be full of flavor and will leave you wanting more. With its bright colors and delicious flavor, this appetizer is sure to be a hit on any table.
How healthy is Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche?
Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is arguably one of the healthiest dishes out there. It is packed with healthy ingredients such as fresh shrimp, olive oil, bell peppers and of course, strawberries. All these ingredients combined give an unforgettable taste and a healthy kick that can completely satisfy your hunger without needing to worry about any unhealthy additives or preservatives. In addition, it also provides healthy nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids from the shrimp and healthy antioxidants from the bell pepper that help improve the overall health of anyone who partakes in the dish. As you can see, Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is a truly healthy meal option for anybody looking for a healthy alternative to their usual meal choices.
Prep time: 10 minutes
“Cook” time: 45 minutes to 1 hour (time for shrimp to “cook” in citrus juice)
Yields 6 appetizer portions
Ingredients needed to make Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1 large red jalapeno, seeded and diced*
- ⅓ c. fresh orange juice
- ⅓ c. fresh lime juice
- ⅓ fresh lemon juice
- ¾ c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ c. fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 large avocado, seeded and diced
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large limes, cut into wedges or slices, to serve
- *Can use green jalapeño, if desired
Instructions for making Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche
- Add the shrimp and jalapeño to a large glass or another non-reactive bowl. Pour in the orange, lime, and lemon juice and gently stir to combine, ensuring all the shrimp is submerged in the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cover and gently turn the shrimp mixture to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed in the juice. Cover and return to the refrigerator to continue marinating for another 15-30 minutes or until the shrimp is “cooked” through.
Tip: Do not “overcook” or the shrimp will become tough.
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the strawberries, pineapple, avocado, and fresh cilantro to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Spoon the ceviche into individual serving bowls with a slotted spoon to drain excess liquid. Serve immediately with the sliced lime for squeezing. Enjoy!
There are endless variations of Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche that can be made for a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner. Changing a few simple ingredients can bring this savory dish to life in many different forms. For instance, varying types of seafood—such as scallops, mahi-mahi, clams, squid, or octopus—can be mixed with plump strawberries and fresh herbs. Add a texture to the ceviche with avocado chunks and crunchy veggies like celery, carrots, or radishes for an even more interesting meal. Whether you’re catering to spice lovers or those who prefer subtle flavors, throwing in colorful bell peppers and jalapenos into the mix will surely satisfy everyone’s palate. However, you choose to make it, enjoying meals like Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is exciting as there’s always something new to discover each time you prepare it!
Storing Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche correctly is key to enjoying a delicious and safe meal. It should be placed in an airtight storage container immediately after it's made and then kept in the fridge for no more than three days. After that, the Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche should be disposed of. To maximize storage duration, any leftovers should be kept at as cold a temperature as possible; storage temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit are ideal. When looking to prolong storage time, opt for containers with tight-fitting lid. By following these storage instructions, you can enjoy the best premium taste of your homemade Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche!
Preparing a delicious and nutritious dish like Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche requires careful attention to detail. To get top results, start with top-quality ingredients – freshly-caught shrimp, ripe strawberries, and crisp vegetables – for maximum flavor. Next, dice the ingredients and mix them together with lime juice and a touch of olive oil or red wine vinegar. Let sit in the refrigerator for two to three hours to allow the shrimp to reach its optimal texture. Finally top off your ceviche with a garnish of finely chopped onions or cilantro – whichever you prefer – before serving chilled any time of year! With these top tips you're sure to enjoy a tasty Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche each time.