Tortilla Soup is one of the most popular and beloved soups in the culinary world. With its complex blend of flavors and authentic Mexican ingredients, it offers something truly special for any food lover. Whether you prefer a hearty, chunky soup or a smooth and creamy broth, this dish has something to offer everyone. In addition, Tortilla Soup is extremely versatile and can be easily adapted to fit a wide range of tastes.
Use your imagination
Because it uses simple, easily accessible ingredients like corn tortillas or chicken stock, you can use your imagination to create your own unique version of this classic soup. So if you're looking for a dish that will delight your taste buds and impress your friends, look no further than Tortilla Soup!
Most notable is its flavor
There are many things that make tortilla soup stand out from other types of soups, but perhaps the most notable is its flavor. Rich and hearty, this delicious soup features bold spices and a combination of savory ingredients, such as chicken broth, corn, beans, cilantro, and tomatoes. Additionally, the addition of crunchy tortilla strips adds texture and extra substance to the soup. Whether served as a starter or an entree, tortilla soup is definitely a crowd favorite; it has gained popularity in many different settings, and for good reason. Whether you are looking for something warm and comforting on a cold day or an authentic taste of Mexico at home, tortilla soup is guaranteed to deliver. So if you haven't already tried it yourself, it's definitely time to explore all the delights that this flavor-packed soup has to offer!
- ½ pound extra-lean ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced tomatoes,
- 1 tbsp. chili powder,
1 tsp. cumin,
1 tsp. oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- - Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Cook the ground beef
- - Add the onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro, and chili powder; cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- - Mix and stir in the ground beef, black beans, chicken broth, corn, and tomatoes with their juice.
- - Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- add the tortilla strips and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- - To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the shredded cheese, sour cream, scallion, and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!