These zucchini fritters with pistou are a great way to use up all of that delicious zucchini. The pistou adds a nice flavor to the fritters and helps them stay moist. They're loaded with flavor, and they're so easy to make. Perfect for a summer picnic or party. So, what are you waiting for? Get out your zucchini and get cooking!
Crispy and Fluffy
They're crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and best of all, they're topped with a delicious green pistou sauce. You'll love how light and refreshing they are!
A light and healthy meal
Zucchini Fritters w Pistou is a dish that originates from the south of France. It is a light and healthy meal that is perfect for summertime. The dish consists of fried zucchini pancakes that are served with pesto sauce. The zucchini pancakes are made with shredded zucchini, eggs, flour, and spices. They are then pan-fried until they are golden brown. The Pistou sauce is made with fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.It is a simple yet flavorful sauce that pairs perfectly with the crispy fritters. Zucchini Fritters w Pistou is a delicious and healthy dish that will have you coming back for more.
- 1 pound zucchini) grated
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg) separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for shallow-frying
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ ounce basil leaves 4 garlic cloves) crushed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Combine the zest, basil leaves, garlic, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until finely chopped. While the machine is running, gradually add half of the oil until well combined. Transfer to a bowl and set aside
- To make zucchini fritters: Put zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt. Let zucchini drain for 30 minutes then pat dry on a paper towel.
- Combine zucchini, flour, egg yolk, parmesan mixture, thyme leaves oil and lemon zest in a bowl and season well with pepper. Stir the zucchini mixture until the ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until peaks form then gently fold zucchini mixture into egg white.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and drop zucchini mixture using 2 tablespoons for each fritter, flatten slightly with the back of a spoon and cook zucchini fritters in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer zucchini fritters to a wire rack set over a baking tray and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining zucchini fritters.
- Serve zucchini fritters on a platter with pistou on the zucchini fritters.