Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are the perfect holiday treat! This delicious recipe is easy to make and sure to please everyone at your next holiday gathering. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are made with just a few simple ingredients: dates, bacon, and your favorite stuffing
. To make them, simply stuff each date with stuffing, wrap with bacon, and bake. The result is a delicious, salty-sweet treat that will have your guests coming back for more. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are the perfect addition to any holiday party spread, so be sure to add them to your menu this year!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are one of the most delicious and popular appetizers.
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are one of the most delicious and popular appetizers. They are easy to make and can be served as a main course or side dish. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are made with bacon, date, and cheese. The Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are wrapped around the date and cheese, then baked in a pan. This creates a crispy outer layer that is perfect for dipping in sauces. The inside is gooey and full of flavor. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are a good source of protein and fiber. They are also low in calories and fat. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are a healthy snack that satisfies hunger without packing on the pounds.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 24 appetizers
Ingredients needed to make Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- 24 large whole Medjool dates
- 6 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. blanched almonds, slivered
- 3 T. honey, divided
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Optional: 1 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped, for garnish
Instructions for making Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat and set aside.
- Pit the dates by carefully cutting a slit down one side with a sharp knife. Remove pits and discard. Set aside.
- Add goat cheese, almonds, and two tablespoons honey to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Fill each pitted date with some of the goat cheese mixture and gently squeeze closed. Set aside.
- Place one-half slice of bacon on a clean work surface with a stuffed date on top. Roll until the date is wrapped in the bacon and secure with a toothpick to hold together.
- Repeat this process with the remaining bacon and stuffed dates.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped dates on the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven. Bake until the bacon is evenly cooked, and the dates are heated through, approximately 20-25 minutes. Flip the dates two or three times with tongs while cooking to ensure even results.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining honey and garnish with the fresh parsley, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are a delicious and easy appetizer to make. The dates are stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, then baked until crispy. This recipe is simple, but there are many ways to change it up.
For example, you can use different types of cheese in the stuffing. A sharp cheddar or blue cheese would be delicious. You could also add some herbs to the stuffing, such as chopped parsley or rosemary. If you want a bit of a kick, you could add some diced jalapeño peppers to the mix.
Instead of wrapped in bacon, you could try using prosciutto or pancetta. Or, for a vegetarian option, you could wrap the dates in thin slices of roasted red pepper. The possibilities are endless! Just have fun and experiment until you find a combination that you love. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are sure to be a hit at your next party!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are a delicious and easy appetizer that can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. The dates can be stuffed with anything from cream cheese to goat cheese, and they can be wrapped in Bacon up to 24 hours in advance. When ready to serve, simply bake the Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates in a 425 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the Bacon is crisp. If you want to get a head start on your holiday entertaining, Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are the perfect make-ahead appetizer.
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates are a popular appetizer that is easy to make and always a hit with guests. Here are some top tips to ensure that your Bacon-Wrapped Dates are a success:
-Choose plump, fresh dates for stuffing. If the dates are too dry, they will be difficult to stuff and the Bacon will not adhere as well.
-Make a small incision in the date before stuffing it in order to prevent the date from splitting open during cooking.
-If you are using thick-cut Bacon, you may need to pre-cook it slightly so that it is cooked through by the time the date is done.
-Stuff the date with your favorite filling. Popular options include cream cheese, goat cheese, or nut butter.
-Wrap the stuffed date in Bacon, using toothpicks to secure if necessary.
-Bake at a high temperature until the Bacon is crispy.
By following these simple tips, you can create Bacon-Wrapped Dates that are sure to please any crowd!