Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer is a great recipe for any special occasion. This dish is a combination of two classic appetizers, Baked Brie and Apple slices. The Brie is wrapped in puff pastry and then baked until it is golden brown.
Note: This is an Instant Pot® recipe
The Apple slices are then added to the top of the Brie, and the whole dish is served with a sweet, sticky sauce. This appetizer is sure to please any crowd, and it can be easily made ahead of time. So if you're looking for an impressive appetizer that is sure to impress, look no further than Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer.
A classic recipe
Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer is a classic recipe that has been passed down through generations. This dish is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients, but it is packed with flavor. The Brie cheese is smooth and creamy, while the apples add a tart and juicy contrast. The gluten-free crackers or crostini provide the perfect vessel for dipping, and the whole dish comes together in just minutes. Whether you're serving it at a holiday party or hosting a casual gathering with friends, Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer is sure to be a hit.
Tip: For a nice presentation, use a ramekin or other heat-proof bowl just large enough to fit the Brie round (approximately 4½ - 5-inch diameter and at least 1-inch deep). If you don’t have a container this size, you can wrap the round of Brie tightly with aluminum foil, as well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Sauté time: 2-3 minutes
Active cook time: 5 minutes
Natural release: 10 minutes
- 1 8-oz. round of Brie
- 2 large baking apples, cored and chopped
- ½ medium orange, peeled and chopped, with juice
- 2 T. red onion, chopped
- 2 t. fresh ginger, finely minced
- ¾ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. dried rosemary
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. apple cider
- ¼ c. pecans, roughly chopped
- Fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- 1 Carefully cut the top off the round of Brie and place it inside a round heat-proof bowl just large enough to hold it (see dimensions above). Place the rind back on top of the Brie and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Add the chopped apples, orange, onion, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary, honey, salt, and apple cider to the Instant Pot® and stir to combine.
- Place the prepared round of Brie onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and carefully lower it into the unit with the trivet arms up for easy removal.
- Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to “High” for 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no additional steam comes out, carefully remove the lid before lifting out the trivet and Brie with potholders. Set aside.
- Select the Sauté function on the highest setting. Bring the fruit mixture to a low boil while stirring frequently. Heat until the mixture thickens, approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn the unit off.
- Remove the foil and the top piece of rind from the warm Brie. To serve, transfer to a platter and spoon some of the fruit mixtures on top. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and garnish with small sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or thyme, if desired. Serve immediately with gluten-free crackers or crostini, and/or fresh apple slices. Enjoy!
Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer is a classic recipe that can be easily customized to suit your taste. For example, you can use different types of apples, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, and Brie cheese. You can also experiment with the amount of sugar and cinnamon you use. If you want a more savory appetizer, you can add bacon or ham. Or, if you prefer a sweeter flavor, you can omit the cinnamon and add raisins or dried cranberries. The possibilities are endless! So, whether you're entertaining guests or simply looking for a delicious snack, Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer is sure to please.
Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. This dish can be reheated in the microwave or oven. Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer is best served warm.