From holiday parties to intimate family gatherings, Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache is sure to be the star of your dessert table! The blend of rich chocolate and hints of smoky makes this cake a holiday treat like no other.
With its deep flavor profile and moist texture, it's truly a showstopper that guests are sure to remember. The coconut ganache adds an extra layer of flavor that just makes the cake even more decadent. It'll be impossible for anyone to resist a slice!
Chocolate cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache is the perfect treat to have at any party.
Chocolate cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache is the perfect treat to have at any party. It's the goodness of luxurious ganache, the fudgy texture of the moist chocolate cake and the complexity of the flavor that blends so well together that makes it the ideal dessert to serve when you’re entertaining. The beautiful presentation of the chocolate drip icing on top just ups the wow factor and brings guests back for seconds helping them really enjoy the special occasion.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Chocolate cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache is the perfect treat to have at any party.
- Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- Instructions for making Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- Variations you can use when making Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- Storage of Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- Top tip
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- 2 eggs
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 c light brown sugar
- ¾ c sour cream
- ½ c vegetable oil
- ¾ c water
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- ¾ c cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 7 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 c canned coconut milk
- 1/16 t salt
Chocolate or White Chocolate Shavings and/or Fresh Raspberries or Strawberries
Instructions for making Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray two 8” round cake pans with baking spray and line them each with a piece of parchment paper.
- Add eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low speed until combined. In another bowl combine sour cream, vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract until fully combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Alternate folding dry ingredients and wet ingredients into the sugar mixture just until combined, taking care not to overmix the batter.
- Finally, fold in the chunked bittersweet chocolate and pour the batter into the prepared cake pans. Place in the oven and bake until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, around 33-38 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool in pans for 30 minutes then turn on a cooling rack until completely cool.
- While cake is cooling, place semi-sweet chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in the microwave or on the stovetop just until it boils. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Once the cake is fully cooled to room temperature, spread a thin layer of ganache in between layers then frost the rest of the cake with the ganache. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings, white chocolate or berries on top, if desired, Enjoy!
Variations you can use when making Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
When making a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache, there are many variations that you can use to craft the perfect tasty treat. For variations to the cake, opt for a wholegrain flour or gluten-free variety to add more nutrients and dietary variations. You can also mix up your glaze and icing options - try swapping the chocolate coconut ganache with something that has a burst of flavor such as white chocolate or dark chocolate. Add in some crushed nuts or sprinkles to give a crunchy texture to contrast with the gooey interior, and don't forget about incorporating herbs for a herbal twist! When it comes to variations, let your imagination run wild when using the chocolate cake with chocolate coconut ganache recipe as your base.
Storage of Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache
The storage of Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache can vary depending on the environment in which it is stored. Generally, however, Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache can be kept in the fridge for up to five days if it is airtight and properly sealed. Additionally, when storing Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache, it's important to make sure that it remains cool and away from any direct sources of light or heat, such as a windowsill or an oven. With proper storage, you can enjoy your Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Coconut Ganache for several days without worry!
Making chocolate cake with chocolate coconut ganache is simple and easy to do and the results are always delicious. Here are some top tips to get it right every time:
First, make sure that you use high-quality dark chocolate for the ganache - this will ensure the best flavor.
Second,, be sure to spread the ganache smoothly over each layer and let it cool before serving - if it's too warm it can make the cake overly sticky.
Finally, serve at room temperature for maximum flavor. With these top tips, you're guaranteed a great chocolate cake with chocolaty coconut ganache every time!