Cobb Salad with homemade ranch dressing is an easy-to-prepare recipe that adds a delicious twist to any dinner menu. It's packed full of tasty ingredients such as bacon, chicken, boiled eggs, tomatoes, and blue cheese crumbles that are paired with a creamy and zesty homemade ranch dressing.
The dish is simple enough to prepare whatever your skill level in the kitchen, yet the flavorful combination of tastes and textures makes it the perfect choice for entertaining or an enjoyable meal with family. If you're looking for something tasty but low in calories, this Cobb Salad recipe is sure to be a hit that won't break the diet!
Cobb Salad with homemade ranch dressing is sure to satisfy everyone at the table
Packed full of healthy ingredients like crisp romaine lettuce, diced cucumbers, grilled chicken breast, and crumbled blue cheese, this flavorful salad is sure to satisfy everyone at the table. Rich in proteins and healthy fats, you won't feel guilty indulging on this diet-friendly dish. Topped off with a healthy homemade ranch dressing made with Greek yogurt and dried dill, this salad is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
- Cobb Salad with homemade ranch dressing is sure to satisfy everyone at the table
- Ingredients needed to make Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Instructions for making the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Variations on the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Top tip
- Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Ingredients needed to make Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ c. Avocado mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise)
¼ c. Greek yogurt
1½ T. fresh chives, chopped
1 T. fresh dill, chopped
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
¼ t. smoked paprika
½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
Pinch cayenne pepper
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste1 t. Worcestershire sauce
¼ c. buttermilk
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ¾ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into half-rounds
- 3 oz. blue cheese
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
Instructions for making the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- To prepare the ranch dressing, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the salad, divide the Romaine lettuce among four serving bowls and top each bowl with equal amounts of bacon, hard-boiled egg, chicken breast, avocado, cucumber, and blue cheese. Top with the fresh chives and serve immediately with the ranch dressing and/or fresh lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Variations on the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
Making variations to the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe can be a great way to serve dinner with a unique twist. To make this dish your own, consider adding ingredients such as grilled chicken, hard-boiled egg, bacon, bell peppers, and tomatoes for additional protein and flavor. You can also try using different greens, such as spinach or kale instead of Romaine lettuce. Add a variety of specialty cheeses like blue cheese or feta for an extra creaminess and salty kick. If you want to keep it fresh and light, try topping off the salad with avocado slices. With these variations, you can create an interesting new version of this delicious dinner salad every time!
When it comes to storage, the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. This makes it an ideal dinner option when you need something quick and easy to throw together. The Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing contains a protein, fresh veggies such as tomatoes and lettuce as well as other ingredients like cheese and avocado, making it a nutritious and delicious meal filled with healthy vitamins and minerals. However, always make sure to store it tightly covered in the fridge or consume any leftovers within one day of storage for optimal freshness.
Making the Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe is a tasty and healthy way to enjoy dinner. To ensure top results, there are a few top tips that all chefs should be aware of. Firstly, when preparing your salad ingredients make sure to use fresh produce. The crispy taste of green leaves and juicy tomatoes really enhances the flavor profile of the dish. Additionally, when creating the ranch dressing be sure to season it with salt and pepper to get that tantalizing flavor balance. Last but not least incorporate quality crumbled bacon and grilled chicken for the Cobb salad that ensures satisfaction for everyone at the dinner table!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: