Kids always love mac and cheese, and this Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a healthier, homemade version of the store-bought kind. It's perfect for a weeknight dinner because it's easy to make and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. Plus, your family will love the creamy, cheesy flavor.
To make this dish, simply cook the chicken and broccoli in Alfredo sauce until tender. Then, add some cooked pasta and serve with a side of bread or salad. This Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo are sure to become a family favorite!
The enduring appeal of classic Alfredo sauce lies in its simplicity. Featuring a luxurious blend of heavy cream, real butter, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, traditional Alfredo sauce delivers incredibly rich flavor without a lot of fuss.
This version builds upon the classic ingredients with the addition of rich cream cheese and fresh garlic. In addition, the heavy cream is replaced with a lighter blend of half & half and chicken broth. The results? A creamy, delicious, and easy sauce that appears much more complicated than it actually is. This one is sure to become a new family favorite!
What makes Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo so special?
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a classic dish that always hits the spot. But what makes it so special? The answer lies in its creamy sauce, which is made with a combination of milk, butter, and Parmesan cheese. The sauce coats the chicken and broccoli perfectly, and the dish is completed with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter's night, or any night when you're craving something truly special.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package directions*
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- 1 c. butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. half & half**
- ½ c. chicken broth
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Prepare broccoli by placing florets in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwave ovens, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly. When finished, drain to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to a large saucepan and set heat to medium. Sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes before adding cream cheese, half & half, and chicken broth. Continue cooking while stirring constantly until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring for about 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add rotisserie chicken, steamed broccoli, and cooked fettuccine noodles to a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce on top and gently toss until thoroughly combined. Top with chopped parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a classic dish that is creamy, flavorful, and satisfying. While it is traditionally made with heavy cream, there are a few substitutes that can be used to lighten it up without sacrificing flavor. For instance, milk can be used in place of cream, or even chicken broth for a lighter option. Additionally, some recipes call for parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella to add a bit of sharpness. Ultimately, the key to making a Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo that is both delicious and healthy is to experiment with different ingredients until you find the perfect combination for you.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a classic dish that can be made in a variety of ways. One variation is to add mushrooms to the sauce. Another is to use pancetta or bacon instead of chicken. You can also use whole wheat pasta or spiralized vegetables instead of traditional noodles. Finally, you can top your Alfredo with a variety of different herbs or spices, such as parsley, basil, or red pepper flakes. With so many options, it's easy to find a Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo recipe that fits your taste. So go ahead and experiment - you might just discover your new favorite way to enjoy this classic dish.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a delicious and easy-to-make meal. However, like all food, it is important to know how to store it properly in order to prevent food poisoning. Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. It is important to keep it in an airtight container or wrap so that it does not dry out. When you are ready to eat it, simply reheat it in the microwave or oven until it is hot all the way through. Enjoy!
*Tip #1: Prepare the fettuccine according to package directions while making the sauce so the noodles are still warm when ready to toss with the other ingredients.
**Tip #2: To prevent curdling, remove half & half from refrigerator when starting this recipe to give it a chance to reach room temperature before adding to the hot saucepan.