Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp appetizers are the perfect way to start a meal. They are small, bite-sized portions that are packed with flavor. Crispy lemon panko fried shrimp is an appetizer that is sure to please.
The shrimp is coated in a light batter and then fried until it is crispy and golden brown. The lemon adds a tartness that balances out the richness of the shrimp, and the panko provides a crunchy contrast to the tender shrimp. This appetizer is perfect for parties or as a special treat for a weeknight dinner. Whether you serve it with a dipping sauce or simply enjoy it on its own, crispy lemon panko fried shrimp is an appetizer that will have your guests coming back for more.
Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp are sure to hit the spot.
A lot of people may think that shrimp is just another type of fish, but they couldn't be more wrong. Shrimp are special little creatures that deserve their own special treatment. And that's why we've created this special recipe for Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp. We start with the freshest, plumpest shrimp we can find. Then we coat them in a light batter made with lemon juice, egg whites, and panko bread crumbs. The result is a crispy, golden-brown exterior that locks in all the natural flavors of the shrimp. Serve them with a dipping sauce and you've got a dish that's fit for any special occasion. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or just looking to treat yourself, Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp are sure to hit the spot.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp
- Vegetable oil, for frying (6-8 c.)
2 large eggs
½ c. all-purpose flour
1 t. smoked paprika
½ t. garlic powder
1 ½ c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions for making Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot to 350˚F.
- Prepare the breading station: Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the flour, paprika and garlic powder, to combine. In a third shallow bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs. Season the flour mixture and the panko generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Rinse shrimp under cold running water and lightly pat dry. A small amount of moisture will help the coating stick to the shrimp.
- Dredge each shrimp into the flour mixture first, making sure both sides are nicely coated. Next dip into the beaten eggs coating both sides. Allow excess egg mixture to drip off shrimp. Lastly, finish by dredging in the panko breadcrumbs. Lightly press the shrimp when dredging in the panko so the breadcrumbs will stick.
- Working in batches and with no more than 8-10 shrimp at a time, fry the panko shrimp until nicely golden-brown, approximately 1 minute per batch. Transfer shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess oil. Continue frying until all the shrimp are done.
- Serve shrimp on a large serving plate and top with fresh parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
There are many variations that you can apply to make Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp. For example, you could use
a different type of shrimp,
or you could add some spices to the batter.
You could also change the lemon juice to a different type of acid, such as vinegar or lime juice. You could also experiment with different types of breadcrumbs, such as seasoned breadcrumbs or cornmeal.
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what variations you want to apply to this dish. So go ahead and experiment until you find a combination that you love!
When it comes to storage, there are a few things to keep in mind with Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp. First, it is important to make sure that the shrimp is completely cooled before storage. Otherwise, the heat can cause the shrimp to spoil more quickly. Additionally, it is best to store the shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help to keep the shrimp fresh for longer. When stored properly, Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp can be enjoyed for up to two days, three days MAX.
Shrimp is a delicious, versatile seafood that can be cooked in a variety of ways. One popular method is frying. Fried shrimp is crispy, juicy, and full of flavor. If you're looking to make the perfect batch of crispy lemon panko fried shrimp, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, use fresh shrimp that has been defrosted properly. Thawed shrimp should be dry to the touch; if it's wet, it won't fry properly. Second, use a light dusting of flour or cornstarch to help the batter stick to the shrimp. Third, don't overcrowd the pan when frying; this will cause the shrimp to steam instead of fry. Finally, be sure to use a high-quality oil with a high smoke point, such as peanut oil or canola oil. With these top tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to making delicious, crispy lemon panko fried shrimp.